Hi, my website is show the internal error and in the browser url bar says, "ExceptionMessage=Cannot+decrypt+the+content". I can login to my website, but can't click any link or button. What cause this error and how can i solve? Many thanks.

Hi Phone,

Have you checked the service center what the actual error logged.

if not please check which content is not decrypt and what data type you passed in input parameter for screen access.


Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Phone,

Have you checked the service center what the actual error logged.

if not please check which content is not decrypt and what data type you passed in input parameter for screen access.


Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul Sahu, In the service center, it shows the error log like this,

What is it?

Solution

Hi,

Are you calling an screen URL with input parameters, but not passing the parameters?

or do you use Iframes in your page?

 a page with an iframe and "block third-party cookies enabled" will have  the cookies not be sent with a request from the iframe  to the server. The osVisitor will then not be on the request header causing a deserialize error. 

Yu can check if the request has a "Cookie" header, and check if there is a  osVisitor cookie. If you see it then it is ok if not than this is the cause of your problem.

Regards,

Daniel



Solution

Hi there,

There's a long thread with regard to this error:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/34408/error-deserialising-viewstate-cannot-decrypt-the-content/

Over at our client, we have experienced the same error in their previous OutSystems 10 environment and we were never able to solve it. The possible solutions offered in this thread never worked for us but seem to have worked for others.

Try to see if there's a solution for you out there that works.

Since we moved to a new OutSystems 11 environment at our client, the problem is no more.

Regards,

Nordin

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Are you calling an screen URL with input parameters, but not passing the parameters?

or do you use Iframes in your page?

 a page with an iframe and "block third-party cookies enabled" will have  the cookies not be sent with a request from the iframe  to the server. The osVisitor will then not be on the request header causing a deserialize error. 

Yu can check if the request has a "Cookie" header, and check if there is a  osVisitor cookie. If you see it then it is ok if not than this is the cause of your problem.

Regards,

Daniel



Hi, Daniël Kuhlmann, According to your suggestion, i use inspect tool from browser and locate the Cookies, then i found that there are duplicate osVisitor Cookies and ASP.Net Session_ID with the same name. So, I remove each one of them and after refreshing the browser, the problem was solved. Thank you.


Phone wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi, Daniël Kuhlmann, According to your suggestion, i use inspect tool from browser and locate the Cookies, then i found that there are duplicate osVisitor Cookies and ASP.Net Session_ID with the same name. So, I remove each one of them and after refreshing the browser, the problem was solved. Thank you.

Your welcome.