Deleting a user in enterprise

Deleting a user in enterprise

Hello all,

What is the best way to delete a user from enterprise ?
I know i can go through the tables and delete it, but i belive there is another way.

I'm using 5.0.1.0.
Hi Miguel,

There is no functionality in Enterprise Manager to delete a user. This makes sense, because the USER_MASTER is a central table to which normaly you will have hundreds of foreign keys - making it impossible to delete it without specific business logic. Also, as users are core information in your system, you normaly would not want to delete them.

As an alternative, you have the Is Active flag that has the semanthics of an inactive user in the factory - of course, for this flag to make effect applications must take it into account when accessing it.

If you realy want to delete the user, you'll have to delete it from the USER_MASTER tables with all the business logic that might be necessary to delete such a central entity.

Best Regards,
Daniel Lourenço
As far as i know if we follow 'user_master' we'd reach permissions areas and a few other tables...

Although i understand what you mean, i think that button should exists :)

Thanks anyway...
Hello,

I have one doubt related with the Enterprise Manager.
For example, I change the 'isActive' option in the enterprise manager, from 'True' to 'False', and that change is updated in the database. So far so good. However, if I click on the option 'User accounts' on the tree, the list doesn't appear updated, and if I click on the 'Reset' button of the filter block the list it's updated, I can continue this process 'cause I will always received the same 'responses'.

I already try to verify the EnterpriseManager.oml but I don't seem to find the solution, I know it's something related with session variables or structures but I don't find the source of this problem.

Thanks in advanced for your attention.
Hi Raquel,

I am sorry but I could not clearly understand your question. Can you give us the exact steps that you are executing and the expected results?

I tried doing the following and it worked:
  1. Open the Enterprise Manager list of users pressing User Accounts on the tree on the left;
  2. The line for the user  "Daniel" shows a cross the Inctive column on the list (the user is not active);
  3. I open the user "Daniel"; check the Is Active? field and press Save;
  4. I open the list of users pressing User Accounts once more on the left tree;
  5. The line for the user "Daniel" does not show the cross in the Inctive column (the user is now active);
Is this what you are trying to do?

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Hi

Yes, that's what I was doing, but after your reply I tried a small test and I found out that the problem is with the IE, it works fine on Mozilla.

My steps on IE were:
  1. Open the Enterprise Manager list of users pressing User Accounts on the tree on the left;
  2. The line for the user  "Daniel" shows a cross the Inactive column on the list (the user is not active);
  3. I open the user "Daniel"; check the Is Active? field and press Save;
  4. I open the list of users pressing User Accounts once more on the left tree;
  5. The line for the user "Daniel" still show the cross in the Inactive column (but the user is now active);
  6. I click the Reset button from the filter block.
  7. The line for the user "Daniel" does not show the cross in the Inactive column (the user is now active);
  8. I open the list of users pressing User Accounts once more on the left tree;
  9. The line for the user "Daniel" show the cross in the Inactive column (but the user is now active);

But as I said before, it works fine on Mozilla.