Hello All,

How OutSystems handle multiple login for single user? 

Consider the scenario X user logged in @12pm in one device and @2pm same user logged in another device. How the persistent login will work? Lets say we have set Max idle time to 3 hrs. Will user get logget out @3pm from both device or only from the first one?

Any pointer would help.

Thanks in advance

Prajakta Roshankhede

Solution

Hi Prajakta,

(If I'm not wrong) Each time the user logins, in a different browser or device, a new session will be created and live independently from the other ones. This means these sessions are not related between them, and as such can "expire" in different moments.

You can easily see this, by setting up a session variable with a value in one of the devices and checking the value of that same variable in another device (spoiler: value will only change in the device where it was changed on).

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

RG

Solution

Hi Prajakta,

As Ruben explained above that multiple logins by same user will create different session an if we set session time out value as 3hr and as per your case mentioned above it will logout at 3pm and 5pm respectively.

cheers.. 

Ruben Goncalves wrote:

Hi Prajakta,

(If I'm not wrong) Each time the user logins, in a different browser or device, a new session will be created and live independently from the other ones. This means these sessions are not related between them, and as such can "expire" in different moments.

You can easily see this, by setting up a session variable with a value in one of the devices and checking the value of that same variable in another device (spoiler: value will only change in the device where it was changed on).

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

RG

Hello Ruben,

I understand the logic but is there any official document available for the same?

Thanks 

Prajakta 

Rohan Hanumante wrote:

Hi Prajakta,

As Ruben explained above that multiple logins by same user will create different session an if we set session time out value as 3hr and as per your case mentioned above it will logout at 3pm and 5pm respectively.

cheers.. 

Thanks Rohan. 

Ruben Goncalves wrote:

Hi Prajakta ,

I was looking for articles in the Knowledge Base, but I believe no article covers this topic.

What I found was:

I'll ask around, but I think that there's not much more.

Cheers,

RG

Thank you so much!