How to disable the Network Debug in Mobile Application

Greetings Folks,

I upgraded to MABS 6.1 today & came across a new thing.

When I installed the Mobile App Build on iOS/Android , the app show a notification as below:

And then when I hold with 3 fingers touch on the screen, the mobile app is showing me the floating UI on screen as below :

And when I click on that Network icon, it shows me a list-log of all network calls that took place by this application, which is good enough ... a kind of debug on mobile.

But does anyone knows, how we can disable it, or its defaults to Non-Production Env?

Any help much appreciated.

-Assif

Solution

I found this while searching on OutSystems documentation: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Inspect_the_HTTP_requests_in_Mobile_Apps_for_iOS

Can you check if the Allow display over other apps property can be disabled? I believe this will only limit the toolbar to open, not exactly turning off the debugging

Solution

assif_tiger wrote:

Greetings Folks,

I upgraded to MABS 6.1 today & came across a new thing.

When I installed the Mobile App Build on iOS/Android , the app show a notification as below:

And then when I hold with 3 fingers touch on the screen, the mobile app is showing me the floating UI on screen as below :

And when I click on that Network icon, it shows me a list-log of all network calls that took place by this application, which is good enough ... a kind of debug on mobile.

But does anyone knows, how we can disable it, or its defaults to Non-Production Env?

Any help much appreciated.

-Assif

Hi Assif,

Go to the service center.Search for the app.And make false against the Debugging as shown below image.

I hope this will work out.

Happy Coding

Regards,

Amreen

Cristiana Umbelino wrote:

I found this while searching on OutSystems documentation: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Inspect_the_HTTP_requests_in_Mobile_Apps_for_iOS

Can you check if the Allow display over other apps property can be disabled? I believe this will only limit the toolbar to open, not exactly turning off the debugging

Thanks, Cristiana Umbelino,

Yep, it's mention on the document & this update has come with MABS 6.0.
But unfortunately, there's no proper guidance mention to disable it.

Amreen wrote:

Hi Assif,

Go to the service center.Search for the app.And make false against the Debugging as shown below image.

I hope this will work out.

Happy Coding

Regards,

Amreen

Hello Amreen,

I tried with the solution you proposed but no luck with that...

Even after disabling the debug for the main module of my Mobile application, I was able to see that option.
Is it necessary that all of the modules of my mobile app should be disable for debugging?

I found this on documentation, the build generated with :

build-type: debug for Android

build-type: Ad-Hoc or Development for IOS

Will be using the network inspector while the build generated for Appstore or Playstore Distribution will not be using this anymore.