[Advanced Excel] Reading content directly from uploaded Excel file

Forge Component
(66)
Published on 2019-08-27 by Hanno
66 votes
Published on 2019-08-27 by Hanno

Hi Guys,

I am using this component to read the contents from an Excel file that is uploaded by the user. For this I am using the 'Upload file' widget. Now I want to use the Workbook_Open method to read the content from this file (see the screenshot). 

You can see that the content reads as Binary and contains 15000 bytes. However when I try using the Cell_Read method I am not getting a result. For the Worksheet input in the function Cell_Read I use: Workbook_Open.Workbook. 

Could this be the problem, since it's expecting a sheet object instead of a workbook object? Or do I have to save the binary data into an entity first?

Appreciate any help.

Rens

Solution

That surely would be a problem - you need to give it the right Object. You really should check the documentation. It explains how to select a specific work sheet.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

That surely would be a problem - you need to give it the right Object. You really should check the documentation. It explains how to select a specific work sheet.

Thanks Kilian, I literally just added the Worksheet_Select function and it worked. Thanks also for the documentation, that will come in handy. :)

Rens

Glad to see it works :). Happy coding!