Workflow Management Component

Hi,

Outsystems has any Forge component for manage business workflows without change any code?

Hi Ana,

IFAIK, right now there is no forge component which provides this feature to manage business workflows without changin any thing in code. And as per my understanding this can be do done using process alone. 

If you want something like this than it should be developed using custom actions with support of processes & timers.

Ana Gama wrote:

Hi,

Outsystems has any Forge component for manage business workflows without change any code?

Hi Ana

You can try Workflow Manager forge component

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/682/workflow-manager

i think it will help you!

Thanks.

Hi Ana,

There is something new in OutSystems but not generally available that promises to simplify and speed up development of workflows in OutSystems.

For more info see 

https://www.outsystems.com/use-cases/case-management/

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Yogesh,

The  workflow-manager component seems like a access management like grant and revoke the roles based on the predefined state and not to create work flow dynamically without changing the code.

@Anna - Just wanted to understand what do you mean by manage workflow ? 

Is your intention to create new workflow from the screen or managing the existing workflow ? 

Outsystems Business Process Technology allow you create Process which includes different step of your business process and run asynchronously . Also to make a new process you need to do it through Service Studio which involves code changes and publishing of the module , however once the Process is created you can manage it from a screen to set input\output of the process , skip a activity of the process , execute , pause or terminate it as required.

Regards,

-PJ-

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Ana,

IFAIK, right now there is no forge component which provides this feature to manage business workflows without changin any thing in code. And as per my understanding this can be do done using process alone. 

If you want something like this than it should be developed using custom actions with support of processes & timers.

Thank you for your reply. 

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

Ana Gama wrote:

Hi,

Hi Ana

You can try Workflow Manager forge component

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/682/workflow-manager

i think it will help you!

Thanks.

Hi.

Thanks. Just another question, If I use this component after I should change code to reflect the actions in the code. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Yogesh,

The  workflow-manager component seems like a access management like grant and revoke the roles based on the predefined state and not to create work flow dynamically without changing the code.

@Anna - Just wanted to understand what do you mean by manage workflow ? 

Is your intention to create new workflow from the screen or managing the existing workflow ? 

Outsystems Business Process Technology allow you create Process which includes different step of your business process and run asynchronously . Also to make a new process you need to do it through Service Studio which involves code changes and publishing of the module , however once the Process is created you can manage it from a screen to set input\output of the process , skip a activity of the process , execute , pause or terminate it as required.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi,

What I meant is, if there is a component to add / remove steps and add / change / remove settings within each step of a business workflow and the code is automatically generated by adding these changes to the business workflow without me having to change code.

Thanks in advance