[Custom Input Masks] Decimal format of Custom Input Maks does not work in mobile device

Forge Component
(45)
Published on 23 Jul by Huarlem Lima
45 votes
Published on 23 Jul by Huarlem Lima

Dears,

I'm trying to use the Custom Input Masks in a web application type running in a mobile device. The decimal format doesn't work. I read about Jquery.inputmask of the github. Is required to install this component as a extension of the browser?

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

For the Custom Input mask with decimal to work you need to set the input type to Text instead of Number

Hi Rogelio,

The input field is already defined with text type.

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi Rogelio,

It's weird. I try to run the Custom Input Masks Demo in my android smartphone without success. See the printscreen.

In the Mask Currency example, the keyboard does not shows the point or comma to digit a decimal point. Then, running the demo example I don't get put a price with decimal places.

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

For the same input on my android phone this is working correctly. This depends a lot on the keyboard you are using in your mobile.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Good, but how can I see this question? You can talk me a tip?

Regards,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

You can change the type of the input which influence the keyboard. You can also use the extended properties of the inputs and add the html tag inputmode like this:

This are the 2 tags the helps devices to choose the correct keyboard. But keep in mind that some keyboards are so bad and ignore this and in those cases nothing you can do but change keyboard..

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I did your suggestion. But when a I change the datatype from text to numeric, the decimal point is enabled in the keyboard, but the mask is lost. See.

Thanks,

Roberto

Did you try the input mode instead?

Yes Marcelo, how can you see below. But the style class 'input' I don't have in the range of choices from my platform.