Hi guys.

I need your help, I have a task to build a business process, a bank employee logs in with her account and downloads the register for clients, then sends a table with data and an attached file for approval to her department head. Tell me in what optimal and more correct way I can implement this.

Hi,

You can implement BPT for this. Below are some resources for learning BPT in outsystems and implement as per your need.

DOcumentation Link:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Processes_(BPT)

BPT Master Class:

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/17/master-class-on-modeling-business-processes-bpt/

Hi BAS,

As Nikhil suggested BPT is one solution to build the entire process and the approval can be one activity of the process , however your case seems like most of the work done by the user through interactive screens and thus the approval can also be done by introducing a new screen where the approver can see all the submitted request and can approved\reject from there.

Depends upon your use case, BPT or a screen based solution can be implemented to achieve this. BTW do you have multilevel\multiple approver who will approve the request ?

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi BAS,

As Nikhil suggested BPT is one solution to build the entire process and the approval can be one activity of the process , however your case seems like most of the work done by the user through interactive screens and thus the approval can also be done by introducing a new screen where the approver can see all the submitted request and can approved\reject from there.

Depends upon your use case, BPT or a screen based solution can be implemented to achieve this. BTW do you have multilevel\multiple approver who will approve the request ?

Regards,

-PJ-

No, it’s just that a bank employee uploads an Excel file and imports the data into a table (I’ve already implemented it), now I'm need the bank employee to click on the “Send for approval” button and when his head visits his page he sees that he has a task to approve the downloaded data or send for revision

Hi BAS,

In that case i would suggest to create a new screen and show all the pending request to the head and on click of the any of the request take him to the detail page where he can see the details submitted and provide button to Approve\Reject and change the status accordingly .

This is a simple solution , however you can go through the learning BPT tutorial to see if you can fit that here as a solution.

Regards,

-PJ-