Hello, everybody.

The topic I bring you here today is about a list of identifiers.

Basically I have a table records with a check box, and every time I select it I append the candidate's id to a list of identifiers type variable, what is happening is that every time I select a new one, the IDS that were inside the variable becomes 0.

The on change action that's bound to the check box as the following flow:

https://prnt.sc/rfec9d

I dont know if there's any interference but i'm using HashTable so when i change page my selection is still kept.

Thanks,

Rodrigo Martinho

Hi Rodrigo,

why you are appending/creating the list of id's?

you can add a Boolean filed in the source of your table and bind it with checkbox and use the same in logic to perform the bulk operation. It would be more easier and less error prone.

Regards,

Manish Jawla 

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Rodrigo,

why you are appending/creating the list of id's?

you can add a Boolean filed in the source of your table and bind it with checkbox and use the same in logic to perform the bulk operation. It would be more easier and less error prone.

Regards,

Manish Jawla 

Hello Manish,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm doing that, the list of ids was already another try, if I do what you'r suggesting when i select another fierld from another page, he doesn't count the ones selected before, thats why i was trying with the list.

Thanks,

Rodrigo Martinho

Hi Rodrigo,

i didn't get your business scenario?

i thought you are working on list of same page but now you are saying you need selected ids from another page as well? can you please elaborate your business scenario step by step so that i can understand it completely and suggest you the required solution.

Regards,

Manish jawla

Hello Manish,

So i'm in a page and when i press a button called add existing candidate it opens this : https://prnt.sc/rfpztw, and there if i select a candidate from page one and than go to the 2nd the first page selected ids aren't stored.

I managed to save the selection with the HashTable now i just need to save the ids, thats why i was trying to use the list of identifiers to do so..

Becuz with it i just needed a for each to go for each record and make a create.

Thanks for your reply,

Rodrigo Martinho.

Hi Rodrigo,

If i understood it correctly, you try to open the pop up and select the customers and then want to perform the action on those selected customers?

i can propose 2 option:

1. you can save the list of id's in session variable.

2. you pass the values in notify and retrieve it by using notifygetmessage.

3. Instead of opening the pop-up, you can select the list of customer on same page using the multi select option.

4. store that list in some staging table.

Regards,

MJ

Solution

Hello,

Somehow the platform was starting my local variable with ids at 0 each time I selected a new one, for performance reasons because I hadn't connected the variable to the CRUD action yet, so when I did, it was working.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Rodrigo Martinho

Solution