Outysystems React web timeout

Hi,

it seems like if the server processing time is greater than 10 second in react web application, it will trigger connection timeout?

May i know how to solve this issue?

Hi WEI,

Can you try to set server request timeout

Thanks,

Salman

Do you mean SetRequestTimeout action from HTTPRequestHandler?
I have tried it but it is not working

WEI LUN WONG wrote:

Hi,

it seems like if the server processing time is greater than 10 second in react web application, it will trigger connection timeout?

Hi WEI LUN WONG,

Because the client action and the interface works asynchronously. That's the reason why the change of a variable in the client action makes the interface respond automatically while the action is still running. 

But in the client action, when you call a server action, the execution must wait for the server action to finish its execution before resuming, or you would never be able to use its response on the next node.

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

WEI LUN WONG wrote:

Hi,

Hi WEI LUN WONG,

Because the client action and the interface works asynchronously. That's the reason why the change of a variable in the client action makes the interface respond automatically while the action is still running. 

But in the client action, when you call a server action, the execution must wait for the server action to finish its execution before resuming, or you would never be able to use its response on the next node.

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

Hi Yogesh Satpute,

May i know how to we check whether the server actions has already finished before go to next client action?

I have a page with table records, after user edit the record, it will run some heavy calculation which more than 10 second, and save, after that i need to refresh the table.

Is it because while saving data on server, client request to refresh data, that's why causing the error?

WEI LUN WONG wrote:

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

WEI LUN WONG wrote:

Hi,

Hi WEI LUN WONG,

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

Hi Yogesh Satpute,

May i know how to we check whether the server actions has already finished before go to next client action?

I have a page with table records, after user edit the record, it will run some heavy calculation which more than 10 second, and save, after that i need to refresh the table.

Is it because while saving data on server, client request to refresh data, that's why causing the error?

Hi WEI LUN WONG,

You can follow below forum discussion you will get the answer

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/34866/how-to-change-the-session-timeout-in-factory-configuration/

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

WEI LUN WONG wrote:

Do you mean SetRequestTimeout action from HTTPRequestHandler?
I have tried it but it is not working

Yes

Solution

Hooray. I found a solution. There is a setting on the module level to control the Server request timeout.

Solution

WEI LUN WONG wrote:

Hooray. I found a solution. There is a setting on the module level to control the Server request timeout.

Nice to see that you got it