Other user can not connect to personnel environment

Hi,

I have personnel environement    e.g.   abc.outsystemscloud.com

I have create a user xyz@gmail.com  with my login in user site i.e. https://abc.outsystemscloud.com/Users/.

When user xyz open the out-system and try to access my personnel environment with his credential , he is not able to access it, it gives error invalid user name password.

Requirement :  Two team member wanted to access the same environment for development, so that they can work on same environment and publish the code.

Thanks

Hi Hridesh,

A single user (i.e. Environment Admin User) can only access the OutSystems Personal Environment space using the OS Service Studio development Tool to carry out the development work. 

User those are created via OutSystems Users application are called registered user, who can successfully get logged into any of the OutSystems applications residing in your environment (based on user assigned role).

Conclusion: Only by using the admin user credentials, one can access the Personal Environment for development work. Accessing a single PE for development  with multiple credentials is not possible.

- Enterprise subscriptions is required for your mentioned case ( 2 member wanted to access the same environment for development).

For More Info: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Personal_Environment/What's_an_OutSystems_personal_environment%3F

Thanks & Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi, Hridesh!
Accounts in User module can't login to development enviroment, they are only application users. 

If you want another person working in your personal enviroment, you have to give him your account login and password.

But if you want to work using two or more accounts, you need non-personal account.

Hridesh Prajapati wrote:

Hi,

I have personnel environement    e.g.   abc.outsystemscloud.com

I have create a user xyz@gmail.com  with my login in user site i.e. https://abc.outsystemscloud.com/Users/.

When user xyz open the out-system and try to access my personnel environment with his credential , he is not able to access it, it gives error invalid user name password.

Requirement :  Two team member wanted to access the same environment for development, so that they can work on same environment and publish the code.

Thanks

Hi Hridesh,

When user xyz open the out-system and try to access your personal environment then that user needs to enter your personal environment credential not his personal environment credential.then you can work on same environment and publish the code.

I hope it will help you!

thanks

Hi Hridesh,

Just to add one more point for your understnading about frontend user and environment user/ developer. There are two type of users in outsystems.

Frontend users are managed in users portal (on the link you have shared in your question) and environment users are managed in lifetime (https://abc.outsystemscloud.com/lifetime/). Because you are using personal environment you can not add more users in lifetime (as per personal environment licensing terms) so no one can work on your personal environment untill you share your own login details with them.

Thanks to all, 

Now I understand how it works. 

But can more than 2 developer access the same Personnel environment with same credentials at a time and publish the code. 

Hi Hridesh,

Yes, more then one developers can access personal environment with same credentials at a time but you might face issues in publishing and merging the changes.

Hridesh Prajapati wrote:

Thanks to all, 

Now I understand how it works. 

But can more than 2 developer access the same Personnel environment with same credentials at a time and publish the code. 

Hi Hridesh ,

Yes.More than 2 developer work on same Personnel environment with same credentials at a time but when publishing the code  then at time only one user can publish the code and when another user  publish the code then need to merge first and then publish code..if same time 2user can publish then give the error.

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

you can able to access it by using same user name and password seamlessly. but to publish the code only one can able to publish at a time.

Thanks,

Sudip