[Business Activity Monitoring] Discussion

[Business Activity Monitoring] Discussion

Forge Component
(14)
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems
14 votes
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems
I get an error when deploying this sollution to the Community Edition version of the platform.
I may be wrong, but I think that BAM is not supported in CE Edition. Only a demo... See this: http://www.outsystems.com/agile-platform-editions

Hi Matthias,

Indeed Joe is right. The Business Activity Monitoring component requires the Process Platform API which is only available in the Enterprise Edition of the Agile Platform. Check out the details here http://www.outsystems.com/agile-platform-editions.

Note that if what if want is to just track and troubleshoot running processes you can use the Process Monitoring area of Service Center which is available across editions.

Best Regards,
    Pedro Oliveira

Hi guys,

Due to user demand, we decided to make the Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) available in the Community Edition (limited to 5 concurrent users).

Also, the Business Process API is now included in the Community Edition, so that you can explore it at will, extend the default BAM reports and dashboards, and create your own custom inbox of activities for the users!

Hope you like it!

When will it be available as download? The component version is still from last month, and not usable for Community Edition.

Hi Matthias,

You can use this same component, just download and install the Community Edition from here to make sure the license gets updated.

Cheers
Hi there. I've published the BAM in the Platform Server 5.1 (Professional Edition) and there are some errors related to references. Actually, ACTIVITY_EXTENSION and USER_EXTENSION are missing and i don't know how associate these references to my eSpace. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot. Regards, Pedro Domingues

Hi Pedro,

The references you mention belong to EnterpriseManager, which is a requirement (Enterprise Manager version 5.1.2 or higher) to install this component. You can download it here.

Just a note: in a Professional edition you're not allowed to change the "Business Activity Monitoring" component.

regards,
João Portela
Why is the BAM_Reports_Widgets\ProcessDetails webblock not a public block?

It has some really useful information to be used in popup info baloons in applications.
You're definitely right. We'll change that next time we publish a version of BAM.
Done!

The last version we've published has made the following webblocks public:
  • ProcessActivityDetails
  • ProcessDetails
  • ActivityDetails
All the best,
    Pedro
Hi Pedro,

In the Chart_ActivitiesPerUser, there is an option that is filtering the activities by their activity status, but only the Closed status is being filtered. Shouldn't the Terminated status also be filtered? The users may get a lot of activities in their chart otherwise.

and (
(@ActiveActivities = 1 and {Activity}.Status_Id <> @Closed)
		or (@ClosedActivities = 1 and {Activity}.Status_Id = @Closed)
	)

Hi André,

Thanks for your feedback, we will fix it in the next release.

Regards,
João Rosado
In the Chart_TopSlowActivities block, the way to calculate the medium time spent
per activity is returned by this statement:

(
		select FLOOR(avg(@datediff))
		from {Activity} activity
			join {Process} process on activity.Process_Id = process.Id
		where process.Process_Def_Id = {Process_Definition}.Id
			and activity.closed <> @nulldate
	) C

Won't this return the process average time instead of the average time per activity?
I think the query should be altered to this:

(
		select FLOOR(avg(@datediff))
		from {Activity} activity
			/* join {Process} process on activity.Process_Id = process.Id */
		where 
            /* process.Process_Def_Id = {Process_Definition}.Id */
               activity.Activity_Def_Id = {Activity_Definition}.[Id]
               and activity.closed <> @nulldate
	) C

Já agora, no caso de se estar a trabalhar sobre SQL Server, o uso do avg como está é inseguro uma vez que internamente a bd vai fazer um sum, 
se os tempos forem muito elevados e/ou se houver muitas actividades no BPT, a query vai estoirar.

O mais correcto seria termos o average calculado da seguinte forma:
select FLOOR(avg(cast(@datediff as bigint)))

Good point, André. I've also noticed that this also occurs in Chart_TopSlowProcesses webblock (BAM v7.0.2). Correction has already been submitted. 

Cheers!

André Ramos wrote
:
Já agora, no caso de se estar a trabalhar sobre SQL Server, o uso do avg como está é inseguro uma vez que internamente a bd vai fazer um sum, 
se os tempos forem muito elevados e/ou se houver muitas actividades no BPT, a query vai estoirar.

O mais correcto seria termos o average calculado da seguinte forma:
		select FLOOR(avg(cast(@datediff as bigint)))

BAM 8 needs to be updated:

1. Replace reference "ChartingServicesCore" with the new "Charts" eSpace;
2. Replace jQuery 1.4.2 OS with jQuery 1.8.3;
Is there any jQuery dependency on BAM_Reports?
Is it safe to change the jQuery version from 1.4.2 to 1.8.3?

We want to get rid of the warnings we have on eSpaces using jQuery 1.8.3 that are referencing BAM_Reports that is still using jQuery 1.4.2 OS.
Hi.

v2.0.0 is not publishing on enviroments without Business Process API, but v1.0.0 installs without any problem.
Hi Carlos,

I'll give a look at version 2.0.0 to understand what went wrong with this publication.

I'll let you know as soon I have news.

Regards,
João Portela

Solution
Hello, Carlos,

We have identified the issue and we are preparing a new version with the fix.

Best Regards,
Cláudia Frutuoso
Solution