System.InvalidOperationException Error in outsystems

System.InvalidOperationException Error in outsystems

Hi,

I'm getting this error in the "event viewer" on the Production Environment:

Error sending log: System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state: Broken.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean skipLog)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBRuntimePlatform.CreateScreenLog(IDbConnection conn, ScreenLog log, Int32 cycleSize)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.LoggerSynchronous.Log(ScreenLog log)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.RuntimeLogger.Log(ScreenLog screenLog)

Message generated by eSpace FileStorage.

I get many errors of this type in the event viewer but the aplications are running normaly.

Anyone knows why this error is happening and how can i resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Gonçalo Marques

Hi Gonçalo

From the errorstack, it clearly states that during the creation of a screen log, which will eventually end up on the database, the runtime platform engine is not able to open a valid network connection to the database. since this happens during the creating of screen logs, your applications won't be affect. You'll just have less screen logs, if you're not using asynchronous logging.

Troubleshooting this problem will depend on the architecture of the environment, licensed Edition, database engine and network configurations.

Is this happening in a single node installation, or is the database located on a different server then the OutSystems server? From the errorstacj, the RDBMS should be SQL Server. Do you confirm? What Edition of the Agile Platform is licensing on this environment?

Ultimately, if this is happening on a production environment, you feel that is having impact, and that environment has a valid support maintenance contract, I suggest you report that to OutSystems Technical Support.

Cheers

Miguel João
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I reported this issue to the OutSystems Technical Support like you suggest.

Cheers

Gonçalo Marques