Template-based screen is empty when creating in existing module

Hello.

I am requested to create a new screen in one of our existing modules for mobile. I tried to use screen from template but it is showing empty screen. I tried to do the same in another existing module it works fine. What do you think is the reason? how can I solve this issue?

I am using Outsystems 11.6.27

Appreciate your prompt support.

thanks and regards, 

Hi Maitha,

can you verify the module type for both of them like it;s blank or phone app or service?

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Maitha,

can you verify the module type for both of them like it;s blank or phone app or service?

thanks for your response. It is an existing module. How can i check its type? 

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Hello.

I am requested to create a new screen in one of our existing modules for mobile. I tried to use screen from template but it is showing empty screen. I tried to do the same in another existing module it works fine. What do you think is the reason? how can I solve this issue?

thanks and regards, 

Hi Maitha,

can you please share the OML file .

Thanks.

@Yogesh Satpute  @Manish Jawla  I just asked the person who developed it he said it is a blank module.

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Maitha,

thanks for your response. It is an existing module. How can i check its type? 

I just asked the person who developed it he said it is a blank module.

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Hello.

thanks and regards, 

Hi Maitha,

Thanks.

I just asked the person who developed it he said it is a blank module.

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Hello.

thanks and regards, 

Hi Maitha,

Thanks.

I can't because the company policy does not allow us to share our codes and files. 

Hi Maitha,

If You have taken the Blank module then it seems to be like this.if you want add UI part then you right click on the UI Flows and add the screen.

but if you have taken the phone app module then it seems to be like this

It will by default create some Common UI flows.

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Hello.

thanks and regards, 

Hi Maitha,

Thanks.

I can't because the company policy does not allow us to share our codes and files. 

Hi Maitha,

If You have taken the Blank module then it seems to be like this.if you want add UI part then you right click on the UI Flows and add the screen.

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

Hi Yogesh Satpute. I did the same in the "blank" module but when I add a screen from templates it is created empty. While when I add it in the module with "phone" type the screen is created properly. 

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Yogesh Satpute wrote:

Maitha Khanji wrote:

Hello.

thanks and regards, 

Hi Maitha,

Thanks.

Hi Maitha,

I hope it will help you!

Thanks

Hi Yogesh Satpute thanks. I did the same in the "blank" module but when I add a screen from templates it is created empty. While when I add it in the module with "phone" type the screen is created properly. 

Hi Maitha,

Yes you are right the UI flows are not generated by default in blank module. If you are creating a blank module you need to create the layout and UI flows from scratch and it is not a good practice. You can keep the database and services in one blank module, create another module with Phone App which and in that module it will give you the default layouts and you can work accordingly, also take the dependencies from the blank module and you are good to go.

I hope the doubt is cleared.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Solution

Hi Maitha,

It's natural if you choose the blank module type, you won't get the template option or any other UI options i.e. is called blank module. You need to create the another module of phone type and move the code from blank module.

because there is no option to convert the blank module to phone type module.

Please refer the below screenshot for reference.

I have created one blank module and below are the options for converison. 

You can choose reactive option for UI but if it's applicable for your scenario.

Solution

Glad to help you Maitha.