3rd Party UI Controls

3rd Party UI Controls

I was wondering if you have the ability in Outsystems to add 3rd Party Controls like (DevExpress Web UI Controls)?
Hi Justin,

Welcome to the OutSystems Community!

I would like to share some of my experience doing this. Most of the controls I find today that I want to integrate on the UI are actually fancy Javascript components which are extremely simple to "componentize" in the Platform - just wrap a web block around them and you are good to go. The main advantage of this over normal components is after you publish these to the Platform they become easily referenceable and usable by simple adding references to them. 

The other kinds of controls that are easily integrated are Flash and Active X controls. In regards to ASP.NET controls, there is limited support - mostly issues around event processing and reduced functionality. For more advanced controls like DevExpress, I am unsure whether you could even use them. 

Finally, take a look at the Components tab on the Community. There are a lot of really good examples of what can be accomplished. 

Let me know if I can help in anything else!

Best regards,
Feel nice to see the ideas here for I am also interested in this topic with the 3rd party UI controls. I believe that I've got quite a lot helps from this thread which guide me to the correct way. The UI control tutorials might also be helpful to this situation. I'd like to find some.