[File Viewer Plugin] File Viewer Plugin and UIWebView deprecation

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 1 Apr (3 days ago) by Experts
6 votes
Published on 1 Apr (3 days ago) by Experts

Two of our mobile apps use the File Viewer Plugin, and when submitting to testflight, I receive the following message.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop acceptingsubmissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs starting from April 2020 . See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebviewfor more information. 

When I remove the File Viewer Plugin and related actions from one of these apps, and submit again, I don't get this warning, so I can only guess this plugin contains references to uiwebview (I have other plugins in the apps, but it submits fine with them in there, when I remove file viewer plugin).  I have tried the latest version that was released on 24th Feb, and still get the warning.

Are there plans on replacing File Viewer Plugin references to uiwebview with wkwebview as recommended in the link above?  Or do I need to start looking for other solutions, as April is very quickly approaching.

I tried posting this question directly to the Experts using the Message Team action, but have had no response via that method.  So I am hoping someone can help me (I am not a developer, but have been tasked with making sure our mobile apps all make it through testflight before 1st April).

We also had the same problem.

We were trying to submit our apps to the store and we had the Deprecated API Usage message.

Does anybody knows a workaround on this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We've updated the plugin with a new version that fixes the API issue.

Give it a try.

Regards