[jQuery Week Calendar] Discussion

[jQuery Week Calendar] Discussion

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2010-01-12 by André Madeira
3 votes
Published on 2010-01-12 by André Madeira
Hello André,

does the refresh calendar after close popup works in IE????
i cant...
It did work for me both in IE7 and now in IE8.
I can create and edit events using the Ajax popup and the calendar gets refreshed after the popup closes.
Are you using IE6 by any chance?
It don't works for me too.

The calendar appears always without events and on Database Events Table there are various event entries.
Other problem that I have is how to get initial entries to the calendar. I don't know how to get Event Table entries using the GetEntryURL.

Regards,

José Faria.
Are you sure the event dates on the data base are the ones you are browsing on the calendar?
Regarding fetching the data with a URL source - please follow the Calendar_URLSource screen and Week_Calendar_Wrapper web block.
Hello,

It's possible remove the "drag" and "drop" functionality from the calendar?
I need to remove this functions because on my case i don't want that users move registries, they only can create and edit events.
I have seen the javascript code associated to the eSpace and I have removed the parts of code that I don't want but when I press a event registry and move the mouse, the event moves at same.

Regards,

José Faria.
Does jquery calendar works fine under 5.0 platform?

I used it in version 4.2 and then, after upgrading to version 5.0, it's still working but, everytime i do an Ajax Refresh on the webblock the screen became empty with the following message:

"Script-->ING.."

In the version 4.2 works fine!

Regards,
Pedro Domingues
Never tried it in 5.0. I'll let you know as soon as I upgrade it and test it. Thanks
Today i've tried to use the week calendar in platform 5.1 and it doesn't work.

It simply doesn't show anything!
Hi there,

Is there any kind of limitation for using jQuery Week Calendar servers with Community Edition license or with a demo license?

The same application work in the client server but it doesn't work in my company server.

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues
Hi Pedro,

I haven't heard anything about this not working because of it being a Community Edition license or with a demo license. What may be happening, though, is a conflict between the jQuery of the weekly calendar, and some other JavaScript.

What I may suggest is installing the Firebug extension in Firefox - a must have for web developers nowadays :) - and troubleshooting what is happening.

By clicking the "Script" tab, you can see all javascript files that should be loaded. See if all can be accessed.

If so, when accessing the calendar, see if there are any errors being logged, and see what they are. That might help the troubleshooting process.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

I've already tried to debug with FireFox but there's nothing aparently wrong.

When i call the following function from the source screen it's like this: (DayMax and DataParaIniciarAgendamento are variables)

function onclick(event) {
$calendar.weekCalendar("updateData", "/SIGA/GetSlots.aspx?SlotReservadoId=0&AgendaId=1&ListaSlotIdsPreReservados=0%2c406%2c&DayMax=2010-11-22&DataParaIniciarAgendamento=2010-11-12+17%3a20%3a19");
$calendar.weekCalendar("refresh");
$calendar.weekCalendar("scrollToHour", "9");
return false;
}

When it reaches the destination screen, DayMax and
DataParaIniciarAgendamento are empty! For some reason the variables are cleared and i don't understand why! The same application works perfectly in the client but in our internal server it simply doesn't work at all!

Regards,
Pedro Domingues

Hi Pedro,

Let's start from the beginning, then, 'cause I think I misunderstood the problem. What exactly are you experiencing - i.e. what is actually happening, and what was it supposed to be happening? If possible, add a screenshot!

Is the calendar in a popup? Could this be the Ajax/Submit button dillema that has been talked about in other situations?

Does the "/SIGA/GetSlots.aspx" url exist in your server? Does it receive the same parameters? What about Regional settings of the server, for the Date and Time formats? Are they the same? I notice you have the dates in the yyyy-MM-dd H:mm format (or something like it). Are the parameters written the same way in the customer environment?

I hope these pointers help you troubleshoot this somehow. Let us know what you find, so we can better understand what's happening.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Paulo,

It is supposed that when i press a specified button, it should fill the calendar with schedulling slots but, when i press the button, it doen's show anything. The calendar isn't in a popup and i've already tried to change the submit type of the button. Still nothing...

The URL /SIGA/GetSlots.aspx exists in the server.. If i open it, id downloads a file named "events.txt" (i suppose that's the correct behaviour) and yes, it receives the same parameters.

When you say Regional Settings, you're meaning the setting in Sevice Center ou in the Windows Server OS? In our server, in service center, it is configured as 'YYY-MM-DD'.

Finally, i didn't understande this question: "
Are the parameters written the same way in the customer environment?" Could you be more specific?

Best regards,
Pedro Domingues
Hi Pedro,

I was actually referring to the server's regional settings, since the parameter is

"/SIGA/GetSlots.aspx?SlotReservadoId=0&AgendaId=1&ListaSlotIdsPreReservados=0%2c406%2c&DayMax=2010-11-22&DataParaIniciarAgendamento=2010-11-12+17%3a20%3a19

I was asking if you could get the same parameter from it running in the other server, and see if the dates and times are written in the same format, or if they are different, for example 22-11-2010 .

It could be the case that the calendar is expecting them to be in one specific format, and isn't working with the dates in a different format.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Paulo,

Actually the short date was defined to be 'dd-mm-YYYY'. I've already changed it and still not working =\

When i call the URL "/SIGA/admin/GetSlots.aspx?SlotReservadoId=0&AgendaId=1&ListaSlotIdsPreReservados=&DayMax=2010-11-22&DataParaIniciarAgendamento=2010-11-12+18%3a39%3a53" it downloads an events.txt file with the following content:

"
{events : [{"id":403, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 13, 9, 30), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 13, 12, 28),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":404, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 13, 14, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 13, 16, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":405, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 13, 17, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 13, 19, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":406, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 15, 9, 30), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 15, 12, 28),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":407, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 15, 14, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 15, 16, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":408, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 15, 17, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 15, 19, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":409, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 16, 9, 30), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 16, 12, 28),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":410, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 16, 14, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 16, 16, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":411, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 16, 17, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 16, 19, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":412, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 17, 9, 30), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 17, 12, 28),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":413, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 17, 14, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 17, 16, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":414, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 17, 17, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 17, 19, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":415, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 18, 9, 30), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 18, 12, 28),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":416, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 18, 14, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 18, 16, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":417, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 18, 17, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 18, 19, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":418, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 19, 9, 30), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 19, 12, 28),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":419, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 19, 14, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 19, 16, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":420, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 19, 17, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 19, 19, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 100% (0/1)","url":"Green"},{"id":421, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 20, 9, 30), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 20, 12, 28),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":422, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 20, 14, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 20, 16, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"},{"id":423, "start": new Date(2010, 10, 20, 17, 0), "end": new Date(2010, 10, 20, 19, 58),"title":"Disponibilidade: 0% (0/0)","url":"Red"}]}"

I don't see anything wrong! I don't know where the problem is.. =(

Best regards,
Pedro Domingues

Actually when i call directly the URL "/SIGA/admin/GetSlots.aspx?SlotReservadoId=0&AgendaId=1&ListaSlotIdsPreReservados=&DayMax=2010-11-22&DataParaIniciarAgendamento=2010-11-12+18%3a39%3a53" the DayMax input parameter is not with a null date but when the URL is called inside the application, the DayMax input parameter is empty in the destination screen...

Don't understand at all!
Hi Pedro,

Well, it's a bit hard for us to understand what's happening, especially if the URL works if called directly.

I'll suggest creating a solution with all your eSpaces and republishing, in order to refresh all references, and make sure there are no inconsistencies there.

Asides from that, since it's an internal server of yours, I think that a Debug session could help you determine what could be wrong there.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo.

Hope you have a good weekend.

I'v already republished the solution and there's no missing references. Also, i've already tried to debug and still can't understand where the problem is located..

I bet that the problem is related to some server configuration..

Regards,
Pedro Domingues
Hi Pedro,

I'm not sure about it being some server configuration issue, but since you have already tried everything else, you might want to check with our support department on that possibility.

Do let us know how you fixed the issue, though.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi guys,

I'v already solved my problem!

The version of the extension HTTPRequestHandler that i was using in the internal servers is 5.0.5 and it is supposed to be 5.0.4.

With version 5.0.5, the construction of the URL doesn't work correctly (at least in my application).

Thanks everyone for helping.

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues
Hi,
I am facing an issue to populate the week calendar based on the
businessHour option set dynamically.
I have a Time Period dropdown and each time period will have different
set of hours. When I change, the time period week calendar should be
loaded with respective timeslots. plesae refer following Code  

$("#ddlTimePeriod").change(function () {

var timePeriod=$(this).val();
        //Setup Calendar
        if(timePeriod=="Lunch") {
          $('#calendar').weekCalendar({
                date: new Date(),
                businessHours: { start: 11.00,end: 13.00,limitDisplay:true },
                dateFormat: "n/j/Y",
                timeFormat: "h:i A",
                timeslotsPerHour: 1,
                millisPerTimeslot: 180000,
                firstDayOfWeek: 1
            }); // end calendar setup

$("#calendar").weekCalendar("refresh");
        }
        else {
            $('#calendar').weekCalendar({
                businessHours: { start: 20.00,end: 22.30,limitDisplay:true },
                dateFormat: "n/j/Y",
                millisPerTimeslot: 180000,
                firstDayOfWeek: 1
            }); // end calendar setup
            $("#calendar").weekCalendar("refresh");
        }
    });

When change timeperiod weekcalendar is not getting refreshed with specified business hours. :( Can you please suggest me the way to do

this?
Thanks

Hi Guru,

What version of HTTPRequestHandler is running in your server?
Hi Pedro,

Thanx for your reply.

I am not sure about the verison. How to check that? I am using internal server of Visual Studio 2010 IDE.
Are you sure it is beacuse of the version of HTTPRequestHandler? Becauase first time when I choose a particular time period, the week calendar is getting populated as per the setup.

Guru,

You must go to Service Center Factory\Extension TAB..

Then you'll see the HTTPRequestHandler Extension. Open it and you'll see the version of the published version.

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues
I am not getting the path "Service Center factory/ Extension Tab". Where it is located?
Guru,

When you enter the Service Center, you'll see the Factory Tab..

Then, inside the factory, you'll see a link to Extensions!

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues
Do we need to install any software to get this Service Center? Is there any other way to resolve the issue that I m facing?
Guru,

Service Center is the backoffice of all applications developed in OutSystems. Certainlly you have it installed in your server.

To access it, try something like this:

http://XXXXXX/ServiceCenter where XXX is the name of the server.

Cheers,
Pedro Domingues
I have downloaded the ServiceCenter, but its an OML file. Can you please tell what program I should use to open/run this OML file?
Hi Guru,

Welcome to the OutSystems community forums, first of all.

We are an online community that focuses on the Agile Platform technology, which you can learn more about in our website, and which you can download our free version at our download page. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that you are not using the Agile Platform, and that your question purely relates to the jQuery Week Calendar, am I correct?

If you do have the Agile Platform, when in Service Studio - Agile Platform's IDE - you can open Service Center by clicking the icon on the menu:

If not, even though here we discuss the technical issues with the jQuery Week Calendar that our Agile Platform extension may have, a generic way to approach and check what might be the problem, is to use Firefox's Firebug extension, and debug the Javascript.

Have you tested it in other browsers? Does the error occur in all of them?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi Paulo,Thanx for your reply.
I am not using Agile framework, but yes I am using the FireFox firebug tool to get the cuz of this issue.

I have checked on FirFox, IE, Google Chrome, Safari. I found same issue with these brwosers. I think there might be issue of jquery UI framework. (jquery-ui-1.7.3), Because the calendar is getting reloaded in case of  other jquery UI framework(jquery-ui-1.8.5.custom.js), but again the issue with this UI framework is that the calendar functionaity is not getting extended using the following code and thus I am not able to set default values for weekcalendar.

$.extend($.ui.weekCalendar,{
        version: '1.2.2-pre',
        getter: ['getTimeslotTimes','getData','formatDate','formatTime'],
        defaults: {
            dateFormat: "M d, Y",
            use24Hour: false,
            daysToShow: 7,
            firstDayOfWeek: 0, // 0 = Sunday, 1 = Monday, 2 = Tuesday, ... , 6 = Saturday
            useShortDayNames: false,
            timeSeparator: " to ",
            startParam: "start",
            endParam: "end",
            businessHours: { start: 8,end: 18,limitDisplay: false },
            timeslotHeight: 20,
            defaultEventLength: 2,
            covercapData: null,
            interval: 0.5,
            buttons: true,
            buttonText: {
                today: "today",
                lastWeek: " < ",
                nextWeek: " > "
            },
            scrollToHourMillis: 500,
            readonly: true,
            resizable: function (calEvent,element) {
                return true;
            },
            calendarBeforeLoad: function (calendar) {
            },
            calendarAfterLoad: function (calendar) {
            },
            shortMonths: ['Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep','Oct','Nov','Dec'],
            longMonths: ['January','February','March','April','May','June','July','August','September','October','November','December'],
            shortDays: ['Sun','Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri','Sat'],
            longDays: ['Sunday','Monday','Tuesday','Wednesday','Thursday','Friday','Saturday'],
            height:150
        }
    });

Hi Guru,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Again, as I mentioned, most of the people you will find here are experts on developing in the OutSystems Agile Platform, but have no relatioship whatsoever with jQuery developers. As such, if your problem is related to the jQuery Javascript itself, I'm not really sure you will find an answer here unless someone has crossed that problem before.

One thing I shall recommend from experience, though, is that using two different jQuery frameworks in the same application is sort of a no-no - usually you should use the latest, and no other. If needed, you could try and encapsulate them in two different namespaces, to avoid conflicts.

However, if you are going to try and work your way through it, I'd recommend visiting the jQuery weekCalendar project wiki, and seeing if there's an answer for what you are experiencing.

Regards, and good luck!

Paulo Tavares
hi,

i wanted to try this component using the community edition 5.1.xxx, but when i try to publish the extention i get a error msg that regarding Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Rights Validation and that redirect me to http://www.outsystems.com/ipp/ and it doesnt let me publish the extention.

what im doing wrong? any help would be nice.

best regards,
Luis Paulo Soares
Hi Luís,

Outsystems platform protects the intellectual property of the applications that are published in one infrastructure, it blocking the publishing in others infrastructures.
You only need follow the steps in http://www.outsystems.com/ipp/ . 
Fill your email, your activation code, choose the jQuery Week Calendar file and click upload, in a few seconds you will receive in your email the new file. 

I hope i've helped.

Regards,
Nelson Baptista
Guru,

You can "simply" get the JS from the component and change it to your own needs.
Add it again to the resources of the week calendar and of you go.

Remember this takes you away from getting support of course, because you modiffy the base source.

That way you will be able to change ie the business hours to react on values outside the component.
We've done this already and it works like a charm.

Joop
Hello,

I'm trying to use this calendar in version 6.0.0.6, but the problem is: that when I open the app in the browser, did not present the full functionality. Just shows me the title of the,header and the selection of fields: source, month and years,does not present the body (eg the image and dates) of the calendar.

I send the print image of what the calendar is to present myself in browser.

Do you know what could be the reason?

Regards

Nilson Barbosa

Nilson,

I think it's easier to post an OML where you have the calendar in.
Then we can check what's wrong.

Joop
Hello joop,

first of all, i wanted to thank you for your attention.

in Attached, i send my OML calendrical

thanks
greetings

Nilson
Nilson,

The refering OML is missing, so I don't see the JS files.
Joop,

I send you another OML.
The calendar is still composed of two components: jQueryCalendar_v3.xif and Enterprise_Manager.osp (version 6.0), but the problem here can only upload one file at a time.

Nilson
Hello everyone,

I hope that someone could help me on this. I'm using this component on my app but i've add a link on each event of the calendar. This link opens an outsystem popup where we can do some stuff. My solution works fine on Firefox and Chrome but when i try it on Internet Explorer the popup never opens (opens like a normal page). Anyone ever had a problem like this?

Thanks
Hi,

i am saving the start datetime and enddatetime to database but it not storing correct date . i am passing the value to php page using ajax like this format   'calEvent.start.getTime()/1000'  and then on php page
$start_time = (int)$postdata['start'];
$start_time = $start_time - 60*60;
but it gives incorrect result . please help me
Hi Divyasree,

Why do you want to post it to a PHP page ... ?  But ok .. let's break it down: 
What does it store ?
Does your first line give the correct result ($start_time = (int)$postdata['start'];) ? 

Hi,

I noticed something very strange happen in the calendar: Saturday March 14th on our calendar has gone missing!  Conversely, we have two Saturdays March 7.  It may be a coincidence, but we did moved one hour ahead for daylight savings time this March 8.  I attached the picture...you'll notice that the calendars also shifted the starting Day from Saturday to Sunday.  Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!