How to open in new tab but with logic before

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to archive the following: I want to click in a link that will open an external URL in a new tab, but before that I want to log where the user is going to. For this I built the following:

I've created 2 links, one where the user will click to make the log and that will click on the other hidden link. The other will basically be clicked by an widget_click inside the action of the first one. I know that the widget click doesn't work properly on links with method navigate, but then how to archive this?

Here it's a simple example:

Important: This needs also to work for safari browsers.

Regards,

TG

Have an Ajax Submit link, that calls a Screen Action that redirects to the link via an External Site?

Hi Kilian, in that way I believe I'll not be able to open it in a new tab and I need to archive (also) that requirement...

In that case, just have a link to a generic redirection Screen, that does the logging in the Preperation, and then in the preperation also does the redirect? The only downside to that is, I think, that the URL in the browser shows the redirect Screen URL, though I'm not 100% sure...

Hi Tiago,

I just tried one more option and instead of using the widget click action i used run java-script function and clicked the link using the java-script and is working fine for me.

Please refer the attached oml.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

That's working properly for Chrome, Firefox and IE. However, for Safari doesn't work... I got a requirement to work on safari as well...

Regards

Let me check it for safari , will update you in sometime !

Regards,

-PJ-

Tiago Gomes wrote:

Hi Pramod,

That's working properly for Chrome, Firefox and IE. However, for Safari doesn't work... I got a requirement to work on safari as well...

Regards

you could do a "window.open(<URL>, '_blank');" in the run javascript. that might work, then no need for the hidden link. 

Hi Caulibeam,

That will not work for Safari browser.

Thank you.