Button Group without default selected

Currently i am add the "button group", it is working fine.. but it always AUTO DEFAULT to "NO".

How to make it not to default either "YES" or "NO". I want the user force to click it.

Anyone can help me?

Solution

HI Jing,

Please see attached oml , this is possible you have to bind your button group radio with same variable having different value and keep the default value different from what you are giving on selection .If you keep Boolean variable it will always have some default selection as a Boolean can be either true or false (default is false).

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Pramod Jain wrote:

HI Jing,

Please see attached oml , this is possible you have to bind your button group radio with same variable having different value and keep the default value different from what you are giving on selection .If you keep Boolean variable it will always have some default selection as a Boolean can be either true or false (default is false).

Regards,

-PJ-

Thanks, when i open your file but need user and password to view the page.

Did you published it in your environment ? it has registered user role access so you can login using your credentials to see it working.

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Did you published it in your environment ? it has registered user role access so you can login using your credentials to see it working.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi PJ,

Yes, you are right. I am confuse.. now ok already..

Great let me know if this is something you are looking for or you have any different requirement?

Regards,

-PJ-

i just changed Boolean to TEXT.. it is look good, how to check force the user to click the button when need to submit?

You can check for the default value of the variable if it not the one you mentioned against check box show user a message to select one options from the button group .

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

You can check for the default value of the variable if it not the one you mentioned against check box show user a message to select one options from the button group .

Regards,

-PJ-

Can you explain more in detail? i am newbie.. many thing still not catch up..

Sure Jing,

I have added the condition in the oml for validating weather option is selected or not .

1. We have a variable name "Selected" with default value as empty.

2. We associated this variable with the radios in button group and set the value "Yes"  and "No" accordingly.

3. On selection of Yes or No the variable will be assigned with corresponding value and if user doesnt select any value the variable will remain empty.

3. We can put a check in your Save\Submit button click that if the value of Selected variable is empty that means user doesn't clicked\selected the option and we can display a message to use for selecting the same.

I tried my best to explain it and hoping it will help you , in case you still need some help please dont hesitate . I would be very happy to help you.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi PJ,

Thanks for your demo, it is very clear now. 

But, The YES or NO is from Questionnaire. Sometimes have 1 question, sometimes may more than 1.

In this case.. how can I do?

Hi Jing,

You could you please explain it with example , i would definitely look into this and help you out. What i understand now that you are asking if the question has more than two options ?

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Jing,

You could you please explain it with example , i would definitely look into this and help you out. What i understand now that you are asking if the question has more than two options ?

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pj,

It is not more than 2 options..

It is the about the questionnaire.... every day may be change question.. add or remove.
Sometimes it showing five questions... sometimes only three questions.
Please find the attached file.

Hi Jing ,

I understand you want it in a form of list where the number of question will be dynamic like you mentioned , for that you have to use List Record for that , i will try to create a example for you soon.

Or for faster response if you can share your oml with entities , i can start from there and provide you sample soon.

Regards,

-PJ-