Hi guys,

I'm new to Outsystems and still exploring the platform. I just want to know what is the best way to display records that fetched via API and display it into a Pie Chart.

Here is my API link: https://coronavirus-ph-api.now.sh/cases

Can you give me just one sample of best practices in displaying the Gender in a Pie Chart?

PS. I am using Reactive Web App Module. 

Thank you in advance, more power to Outsystem community :) 

Solution

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the community!

I attached a simple application containing two modules (OMLs): one integration module in which we consume the Corona Cases API and one UI module in which we display the Pie Chart.

Here's a demo that shows and explains how to create a Pie Chart using DataPoints.

Go ahead and have a look at the sample application and try to expand the Dashboard screen with more information coming from the API :).

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the community!

I attached a simple application containing two modules (OMLs): one integration module in which we consume the Corona Cases API and one UI module in which we display the Pie Chart.

Here's a demo that shows and explains how to create a Pie Chart using DataPoints.

Go ahead and have a look at the sample application and try to expand the Dashboard screen with more information coming from the API :).

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin Ahdi,

Thank you for the quick response. Upon seeing your sample file I get the logic and how to do it. The problem is I can't find the DataPoint_Init Server Action in Reactive Web App. It doesn't appear on Systems' Server Action in Logic Tab.

Hi Robert,

Look for it under the Charts module after clicking 'Manage Dependencies'

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Robert,

Look for it under the Charts module after clicking 'Manage Dependencies'

Thank you so much :) 

You're welcome Robert :). Enjoy the OutSystems platform!