How to add space with value at runtime

Hi Team,

OutSystems 11, Version 11.6.30, Web

I have scenario like there is an attributes with integer data types length is 50. When am iterating the list am getting a current row value with length of 5(In future length of the value may change). Before saving i have to add 50-5 = 45 spaces along with value.  

If possible can you post a OML file.

Thanks in advance.  

Regards,

Saravana

Hi Saravana,

May i know why you would like to add space, business case behind it?

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Instead of passing the size a fixed number, you pass a variable, which you can define a default value, and you can also lengthen the value you want to put there and add a Delta (eg: value is OutSystems50, this has a size of 12, you can know the size value and add a delta to it for example 5. You sign the attribute you want, and the size will be 17.

You can also use a site property, but depending on the context, I think the use of a site property for this will be disagreed.

Or you can have a kind of backoffice, and have this size saved in a table, and when you need to change in the future, go to the backoffice and update the value.

There are many possible solutions.

I hope this help you.
Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

its hacky but...

Saravana Kumar Sivaraj wrote:

Hi Team,

OutSystems 11, Version 11.6.30, Web

I have scenario like there is an attributes with integer data types length is 50. When am iterating the list am getting a current row value with length of 5(In future length of the value may change). Before saving i have to add 50-5 = 45 spaces along with value.  

If possible can you post a OML file.

Thanks in advance.  

Regards,

Saravana

Hi Saravana,

Can you explain little bit more. You want to save the data in DB with spaces? is that case?

Thanks,

Ali Amin