Will deleting an app delete delete all it's versions

I'm in need of freeing up space in my environment since it nearing getting full so what I want to know is if I delete an app (Traditional webpage) will that also delete all of it's version? (I'm working on a personal enviroment)

Hi Johara,

No if you delete the app all versions will still be in the OutSystems system data.

After the delete of the apo, you have to use s tool like DBcleaner or DBCleanderOnSteriods to remove all the versions of the modules part of the application.

You can also do it with Service Center, but that is more work.

Regards,

Daniel

will that work even with tagged versions? If I know which one is my final version can I use those tools to just delete the old ones (cause I couldn't through service center) or will/should I delete the app then go in with the tools 

Hi Johara,

I think DBCleaner On Steroids does allow you to removed tagged versions, see these release notes:

Also, with the Febr 2019 update of LifeTime I believe it will be possible.

https://www.outsystems.com/home/downloadsdetail/118/2166/

• It is now possible to delete application versions (LifeTime tags) using the new method "DELETE /applications/{ApplicationKey}/versions/{VersionKey}/" of LifeTime Deployment API v2. This feature will allow to delete in the environments the old module versions previously tagged by LifeTime. It requires Platform Server 10.0.912.0 (OutSystems 10 environments) or Platform Server 11 - Release Sep.2018 Cumulative Patch 1 (OutSystems 11 environments). Inspired by Harlin Setiadarma's idea. (RLIT-2399)

And then there is an idea in the Forge to request to have this feature available in Service Center which you can vote on.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Johara,

Please delete all of it's version in service center  after that run below command in DB.Below command will shrink the db and freeup the space.

alter table OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION Enable row movement;

alter table OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION MODIFY lob (OML_FILE) (shrink space);

alter table OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION Disable row movement;

ALTER INDEX PK_OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION REBUILD;

--Get the size of espace version

SELECT SUM( dbms_lob.getLength( OML_FILE ) )/1024/1024/1024 FROM OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION;

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Johara,

Please delete all of it's version in service center  after that run below command in DB.Below command will shrink the db and freeup the space.

SELECT SUM( dbms_lob.getLength( OML_FILE ) )/1024/1024/1024 FROM OSSYS_ESPACE_VERSION;

How would you do ALTER table on a Personal Environment database?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Johara,

How would you do ALTER table on a Personal Environment database?

My bad i ignored "my environment"