Views
Comments
Mobile app upload image component image is rotated
Question

Hi guys,

When using the Upload component to select a picture from Gallery or Captured, sometimes, the image was rotated in the component preview area. What can I do to keep original image display?

Thanks,

Hi Minh Luong, 

You can use a component like Image Ituls Mobile,

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/2078/image-utils-mobile

To change/fix the orientation of the image. Please take a look at it and see if it can solve your problem.

Hi,

Did you try this forge component: Image Editor Plugin

I hope this help you

Cheers

Hi guys,

What I want to is the image was not rotated in the Upload component preview area, because it makes users confused.

The binary image was saved without any issue.

Hi guys,

What I want to is the image was not rotated in the Upload component preview area, because it makes users confused.

The binary image was saved without any issue.

Hi,

Having a similar problem to the OP.

I need the image that is uploaded via the Upload widget (accept images) to be unmodified. Experiencing the issue where the picture captured via the phone's camera is being corrected but the EXIF metadata remains unchanged.

So what happens is that the binary data for the image is in the correct orientation but the EXIF metadata contained in the file is still showing that there needs to be an orientation, causing issues when I am trying to orient files from different sources (camera, library).