Import 2 Entities From Data Exported From JD Edwards to Excel.

Hello,

Reviewing the Data Modeling lesson.....once the excel has been imported, do I need to create an Entity Attribute for the Data Type to link the 2 entities together?  Table A to Table B will be One(A) to Many(B).

Or if there is a guide in addition to the Modeling Data Relationships.

Thanks in advance

FrankCLT

Hi FrankCLT,

Are you create entities from excel or import data to existing entities?

Automatically created Bootstrap cannot create or import data to other entity identifier attribute. You have to create attribute with other entity identifier data type, but it will be empty.

To create entity relationships importing data from excel do this before publishing:

And then change auto created Bootstraps, merging them to one and doing data conversion:

Then publish your module, wait data loading and check if all was well.

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi FrankCLT,

Automatically created Bootstrap cannot create or import data to other entity identifier attribute. You have to create attribute with other entity identifier data type, but it will be empty.

To create entity relationships importing data from excel do this before publishing:

And then change auto created Bootstraps, merging them to one and doing data conversion:

Daryna,

First off thank you very much for your reply.   I Imported the entities directly.  I right-clicked on Database and selected "Import New Entities From Excel...".   For every 1 F4101 record I can have many F41021 records.

I hope that makes sense.....

Thanks again,

FrankCLT

FrankCLT wrote:

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi FrankCLT,

Daryna,

First off thank you very much for your reply.   I Imported the entities directly.  I right-clicked on Database and selected "Import New Entities From Excel...".   For every 1 F4101 record I can have many F41021 records.

I hope that makes sense.....

Thanks again,

FrankCLT

After creating your tables you have F4101Id attribute in F41021 Table with data type Integer or Long Integer, right?
If no, add this attribute to excel sheet and re-import tables.
If yes, make described changes and then publish yor app. 

I will review shortly......

That seemed to have worked.  Thank you for your assistance.   

FrankCLT