Hi Expert,

I have been trying to add a redirection page on my site

My condition is that if I enter an " ayala.com " in URL  it must redirect to "ayala.com/folder".

but just giving me a white/blank page. 

How can I fix this scenario. ?

Hi Jay-jay,

Can you share your redirect rules screen from Service Center?

Also, what happens if you navigate directly to ayala.com/folder?

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Jay-jay,

Can you share your redirect rules screen from Service Center?

Also, what happens if you navigate directly to ayala.com/folder?

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I just show a blank/white page only.

sample below

Base URL                 Replace With

ayala.com                 ayala.com/landingpage.aspx

Hi Jay-jay,

So a redirect to ‘ayala.com/landingpage.aspx’ wouldn’t work since you are missing the ModuleName in the URL. It should be ‘ayala.com/modulename/landingpage.aspx’

And were does the above link ‘ayala.com/folder’ fit in this story? Do you have another page rule set for that one?

I'm missing the complete picture in order to understand the issue.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Jay-jay,

So a redirect to ‘ayala.com/landingpage.aspx’ wouldn’t work since you are missing the ModuleName in the URL. It should be ‘ayala.com/modulename/landingpage.aspx’

And were does the above link ‘ayala.com/folder’ fit in this story? Do you have another page rule set for that one?

I missing the complete picture in order to understand the issue.

Regards,

Nordin

sorry for this confusion

"And were does the above link ‘ayala.com/folder’ fit in this story? Do you have another page rule set for that one?"

Yes you are correct, I have modified my code from  

Base URL                              Replace With

ayala.com                               ayala.com/modulename/page.aspx

I added another parameter in Site Rule List

Base URL                        Root application

ayala.com                        module Name

Still blank/white page

Hi Jay-jay,

A couple of questions and remarks.

• I assume you have an On Premise environment?
  • Ayala.com ends up on the server where you have an OutSystems Platform Server installation?
  • Did you follow the instructions of successfully installing the ISAPI filters in IIS?
  • Did you make sure no errors are logged in Windows Event Viewer when executing requests using SEO rules?

Furthermore, you have now set up two SEO rules with 'ayala.com' as Base URL. So if you type in ayala.com in your browser, the platform will try to match the URL path against two lists of rules (Site rules and Redirect rules). As you might imagine this can cause conflicts. 

Try to figure out what type of rule fits your scenario best and set up a single rule for a specific Base URL (in your case 'ayala.com').

One more important thing, make sure you can reach the desired webscreen of your module without using SEO rules first (e.g. https:/environmentname/modulename/webscreen.aspx). Because if that ends up on a blank page, the SEO rules wouldn't help to you fix that.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Jay-jay,

A couple of questions and remarks.

• Ayala.com ends up on the server where you have an OutSystems Platform Server installation?
  • Did you follow the instructions of successfully installing the ISAPI filters in IIS?
  • Did you make sure no errors are logged in Windows Event Viewer when executing requests using SEO rules?

Furthermore, you have now set up two SEO rules with 'ayala.com' as Base URL. So if you type in ayala.com in your browser, the platform will try to match the URL path against two lists of rules (Site rules and Redirect rules). As you might imagine this can cause conflicts. 

Try to figure out what type of rule fits your scenario best and set up a single rule for a specific Base URL (in your case 'ayala.com').

One more important thing, make sure you can reach the desired webscreen of your module without using SEO rules first (e.g. https:/environmentname/modulename/webscreen.aspx). Because if that ends up on a blank page, the SEO rules wouldn't help to you fix that.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Again thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have disabled the Site Rule Properties now I have been using the Redirect rules.

• - No, we are using the cloud by default of Outsystems
    • Yes, the redirected URL is working.
    • Since we are in the cloud we do not have access on the ISAPI filter in IIS
    • No, we are using the cloud by default of Outsystems

Ok Jay-jay that makes your job more easy. 

If you checked that you can reach the desired (non blank) webscreen of your module without using SEO rules like I explained above, I would reach out to OutSystems support so they could check out the Event Viewer logs for you and make sure you have set up your rules correctly.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Ok Jay-jay that makes your job more easy. 

If you checked that you can reach the desired (non blank) webscreen of your module without using SEO rules like I explained above, I would reach out to OutSystems support so they could check out the Event Viewer logs for you and make sure you have set up your rules correctly.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thank you for your input, yes we already call their support we are waiting for their feedback.

again thank you.

You're welcome! Sorry I couldn't help you further Jay-jay.