[CKEditor] Special characters - Problem in CKeditor

Forge Component
(29)
Published on 26 May by Prasad Rao
29 votes
Published on 26 May by Prasad Rao

Hi everyone,

I have a problem in CKeditor and i would like to know if someone have idea if it is possible to solve this.

In my case i'm writing in Romanian, for example when i write this expression: institu?ie de credit organizata sub forma unei societa?i pe ac?iuni având un capital social de 51.286.585 EUR

In the screen it appears well but when i save to the Database and in debug i can see the expression  before the storage in DB and the expression is this one: <p>institu?ie de credit organizata sub forma unei societa?i pe ac?iuni având un capital social de 51.286.585 EUR</p>

Some characters are replaced by html encode. SOmeone can help on this?

Best regards, Paulo Torres

Could you please share the oml if possible,so that we can look into the current implementaion

Hi Paulo,

It's natural because these html tags are formatting you have applied over the text. Even you can verify the same by clicking on the html option in ckeditor whenever you create any content in ckeditor.

In your database you will always save the content in html form to save the formatting but outssytems render it in expression.

I hope you dont have any functional issue?

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Hi all,

Right now i see that here the problem is the same. Many interrogation in my expression.

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Paulo,

It's natural because these html tags are formatting you have applied over the text. Even you can verify the same by clicking on the html option in ckeditor whenever you create any content in ckeditor.

In your database you will always save the content in html form to save the formatting but outssytems render it in expression.

I hope you dont have any functional issue?

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Hi Manish,

So what you mean is no solution for this?

Thanks, Paulo Torres

Hi Paulo,

I'm not really sure that your problem exactly is. You gave 2 strings in your OP but for me they both seem the same with the question mark inside the text. I'm sure this is incorrect but it's not an HTML character as seen below;

Does the way the data is stored in the database affect the display of the text in the web page? Perhaps you can add some screenshots to make the problem more clear?

Vincent Koning wrote:

Hi Paulo,

I'm not really sure that your problem exactly is. You gave 2 strings in your OP but for me they both seem the same with the question mark inside the text. I'm sure this is incorrect but it's not an HTML character as seen below;

Does the way the data is stored in the database affect the display of the text in the web page? Perhaps you can add some screenshots to make the problem more clear?

You are right, sorry. Because here we use also de CKeditor :) In the image below you can understand better:

Thanks

HI Paulo,

change the escape content property of your expression and check again please.

You can Escape Content via the following option the expression.

Be sure to use the SanitizeHtml Action in the data that is inputted in the Expression to prevent security issues.

Hi again,

In fact the problem in when a transform the html in binary and after i transform again in html to present in the screen.

I'm using the folow actions:

- TextToBinaryData

- BinaryDataToText

I can attach the oml if helps. Any ideia?

Thanks, Paulo Torres

Hi Paulo,

What changed since your last comment (that you removed)? 

Why do you need to store this as binary in the first place? 

Vincent Koning wrote:

Hi Paulo,

What changed since your last comment (that you removed)? 

Why do you need to store this as binary in the first place? 

Hi Vicent,

Because the expand inline solve the problem if we store in text but if we convert in binary i lose the characters.

I'm saving in binary only because the html is too big, trying to follow good practices. But maybe is not possible.

Thanks for your help