how to access the production data?

Recently i just deploy the system and i found that it is not allow to view the data.

Any idea how to solve it?

Hi Jing,

Please help to clear what do you mean by "deploy the system"? Have to deployed an application from development to production environment?

If yes, then you please keep in mind that deploying application from one environment to other doesn't deploy the data from that environment to other. Only data that gets migrated is static entity records because of its special nature of use (works like enum).

If you were asking something else then please clearify.

Halo Nikhil Gaur,

Thanks for your help

I means, my application already release to the server and it is the production mode. Where or how to query the data? i wan check the data from database. or how can i do the delete or something run in SQL?

Thank you

HI Jing,

If OutSystems platform is installed onpremise then you already have teh database access so you can connect and do the needed operation.

In you are using OutSystems environment on cloud then you have to ask OutSystems support for  database access, if this is possible they will share the details but it is not guaranteed (AFAIK).

Solution

Hi Jing,

The Running mode(Development\Production)  is a setting in OutSystems (Which you setup while installing platform server ) that defines how the platform makes certain decisions regarding how applications are published to the environment. It also affects the availability of certain development-time features when a developer is connected to the environment with Service Studio.

Development time

At this level, the running mode influences the availability of the following features:

Test Query - this affects both the ability to test queries using the SQL tool and also the ability to view entities data in Service Studio.

Run and Debug in the Personal Area

Debug

These operations are available in Development running mode but are not available in Production running mode.

To ensure the high-availability and security of your PaaS, the databases used are not accessible from the internet, so you can't connect directly to them.

you can request direct access to your PaaS databases to Outsystem support and they will help you .

Regards,

-PJ- 

Solution

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Jing,

The Running mode(Development\Production)  is a setting in OutSystems (Which you setup while installing platform server ) that defines how the platform makes certain decisions regarding how applications are published to the environment. It also affects the availability of certain development-time features when a developer is connected to the environment with Service Studio.

Development time

At this level, the running mode influences the availability of the following features:

Test Query - this affects both the ability to test queries using the SQL tool and also the ability to view entities data in Service Studio.

Run and Debug in the Personal Area

Debug

These operations are available in Development running mode but are not available in Production running mode.

To ensure the high-availability and security of your PaaS, the databases used are not accessible from the internet, so you can't connect directly to them.

you can request direct access to your PaaS databases to Outsystem support and they will help you .

Regards,

-PJ- 

Hi PJ,

How to contact the support?

Thank you

Send an email to support@outsystems.com or create a case from support portal directly.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support

Regards,

-PJ-