Hi,

When I observe the comment for the Button Widget property 'Is Form Default'; I read:

"Boolean to specify if the button should submit form that is enclosed in."

Could someone please give a precise explanation for the underlined part.

Thank you.

Hi Olivier,

I couldn’t describe it better than this documentation which states the following:

If the button belongs to a form with some input fields, the button submits the information if you set Is Form Default property to Yes in the Button Widget. This is useful when you have several buttons in your form.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Olivier,

I couldn’t describe it better than this documentation which states the following:

If the button belongs to a form with some input fields, the button submits the information if you set Is Form Default property to Yes in the Button Widget. This is useful when you have several buttons in your form.

Regards,

Nordin

I meant more along the lines of 'behind the scenes'. Yes - I know it does that, but at a lower-level what does this mean?

Hi Olivier,

Sorry for the late reply.

Here's an example in order to better understand what it means, and of course you can try this yourself.

We have two buttons enclosed in a Form widget. The Back button has Is Form Default set to 'No' and the Save button has it set to 'Yes'. 

Now, because the button is enclosed in the Form with the Is Form Default property set to 'Yes', it means that if we would enter some data in these input fields (Name and Address) and hit the ENTER key, the data will be submitted (as if you clicked on the Save button). 

If the Is Form Default property of the Save button is set to 'No' and you hit the ENTER key, nothing would happen (since the Back button still has the same property also set to 'No'). Only clicking on the actual Save button will then have effect and the data will be submitted.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Regards,

Nordin