Views
Comments
Solved
How to use my own user system

Hi, 

I've got a Reactive Web App, and i want to use my own users DB instead of the OutSystem's default system to manage users.

I've created all the logic around, including tables, methods, etc. Everything goes fine, i mean i put user and pass, and the logic retrieves me the ID of the user.

Once this is done, the flow should redirect from the login screen to the main screen, but it doesn't. When i click "login", it goes to the main screen (the webpage link's change to main screen) around 0.1 sec, but then it comes back to the login screen again.

I think the problem it's something related with the OutSystems internal user management. I've read several post but, or it doesn't solve my problem, or the solution isn't what i want to do, things like that
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/36055/how-to-authenticate-users-without-outsystems-built-in-user-system/

I can upload screenshots of any method or whatever that would be needed to solve that, just tell me please.

Solution

Hi,

Did you already verify if, when using you authentication method, you have your screens just with the "Registered Role" and not with "Anonymous Role"?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ángel,

What is the reason behind not wanting to use the User Entity? This will present you with a host of problems, amongst which the fact you can't use the out-of-the-box Roles at all.

Hi Ángel,

I think that you really need to consider what Kilian wrote.

Just two things:

- Did you already debug your application to verify in what point your page redirect to login again? (maybe an Exception Handler is redirecting for that page and, in that case, you have an error);

-Did you check if is any information in the errors page of service center related with this behavior?

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Solution

Hi,

Did you already verify if, when using you authentication method, you have your screens just with the "Registered Role" and not with "Anonymous Role"?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ángel,

When using an external user provider, the idea is you also use the User Entity. You can read about it here and learn more about it here.

Hi Ángel,

I'm glad that you solve your problem.

But, I still advise you to take a look at the documentation that Kilian linked in his post.

Happy coding! :)

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira