[ Agile Reporting Services™ 6] [Agile Reporting Services™] Discussion

[ Agile Reporting Services™ 6] [Agile Reporting Services™] Discussion

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 2011-04-05 by Afonso Metello
13 votes
Published on 2011-04-05 by Afonso Metello
Hot news: Agile Reporting Services empowers Pordata, a public service and inclusive project devised for a large number of users who share an interest in discovering more about Portugal.

Official Pordata launch is today (Feb 23 2010)  http://www.pordata.pt/

Check it out!
Congratulations Afonso!

Just went to Pordata - great stuff you have there.

Best regards, and keep up the good work.

Paulo Tavares
Hey,

looks very nice and cool.
awesome job :D

Is it possible to install this on Agile Platform Community Edition?

Regards,
Matthias Preuter
Hello Mathias,

Thank you for your interest in Agile Reporting Services.

Our product runs on any edition (Community, Basic, Professional and Enterprise) of the Agile Platform 5.0.2.X (.Net + SQL Server).

To install ARS go to http://agilereportingservices.com and if you need any help or have further questions contact us through our support platform here.

Best regards,

Afonso Metello
Managing Partner, R&D
Many thanks to the Agile Platform Developers Community!

Based on our data, 250+ downloads of the Agile Reporting Services 5.0 Community Edition where made in the first 5 days since it was launched. How cool is that?

Help us make these numbers grow and get your Free Copy of Agile Reporting Services now!

Our product runs on any edition (Community, Basic, Professional and Enterprise) of the Agile Platform 5.0.2.X (.Net + SQL Server).

To install ARS go to http://agilereportingservices.com and if you need any help contact us through our support platform here.

Best Regards,
Afonso Metello

Alfonso,

I was getting an error when I tried to install it on Community.  Will contact support.
Paulo Tavares - Fastest "Reporter"  - 56 seconds to design and publish a report with Agile Reporting Services!

Many thanks to all who participated!
Hi,

downloaded the following file ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.application and 
run it, but the following error occurred: 

+ Could not find the part of the path 
'D: \ download \ ReportStudio.AutoUpdate_5_0_0_1 \ ReportStudio.AutoUpdate.exe.manifest'. 

Can anyone help? 

Thanks for the help.
Hello Miguel,

Please try  running setup file inside a process opened with Run as Administrator (command prompt or your browser) and tell me how this worked for you.

BR
Afonso Metello
Hi Afonso,

Thanks for your quick help, I'm the administrator of the machine and I tried to open the file as you indicate, however I still have the same problem there might be some option that is missing...

Best Regards

Miguel Pereira

Hello Miguel,

We are about to release a new version of our setup package that will address known problems regarding product instalation.

This release will occur this week, but if you dont want to wait until there, contact me directly and I'll provide it for you.

Thank you.

Afonso Metello
Hello,

No problem I can wait, I wanted to try this tool which seems be quite good.

Miguel Pereira
Hello Miguel,

New Setup is now made available. Please re-download from http://www.agilereportingservices.com and install it.

Thank you.

Hi,

I've downloaded the ARS community edition and had a look at this and from first impressions it looks very impressive.

However, I am having trouble understanding a few points that would be key if I were wanting to use this 'for real':

1. The download licence talks a lot about being a 'tester' testing the software and that the licence is limited - but it doesn't really say how.

Is it fully functional?  Are there any functions disabled or left out of the community edition?  Is there a limit to what or how much you can do with it?

2. What sort of licence would be required if I developed say 50 reports and wanted to use them on a server for production?  What is the licence model/ options and costs?

3. Is it only .NET platform - or does it support the Java version of Outsystems?

Thanks,
Paul.
Hello Paul,

Regarding your questions:

1. Product licensing is indexed to product features through the Community, Basic, Professional and Enterprise Editions - find attached a feature / edition matrix.
The community edition license is derived from our initial beta license - hence the "tester" notion.

2. For your presented case a Professional Edition would be most suited, granting you licenses for Development, Quality Assurance, Production and DMZ environments (4 environments total). Our licensing models are: perpetual license (one shot payment) and subscription license (yearly payment).

3. For the moment, Agile Reporting Services only supports the .Net version of OutSystems.

For pricing info and other questions please contact me directly: afonso dot metello at epopeia dot com 

Best regards,
Afonso Metello
Managing Partner, R&D

Afonso,

That's great - exactly the info I wanted.  I'll email once I've delved a bit deeper.

Rgds,
Paul.

I just downloaded de Agile Reporting Services software but I get an error message of 2869 what can I do to correct it I am using windows vista 64bit.
Hello Mark,

Seems like you are experiencing a windows privileges issue. Try running your browser as admin. From there download and run the setup package.

Please tell me how this worked for you.

BR
Afonso Metello

I have loaded Agile Reporting Services on my PC.
When I run Reporting Services it asks to connect to my OutSystems Server.
I try to connect but it says I do not have Reporting Services installed on the platform.
How do I install this?
I do not see a Reporting Service Platform download.
Do I run the same install I did on my PC on the platform itself?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

When Report Studio tells you that ARS is not installed on server, it asks you if you want to install it.

When you say Yes, Report Studio installs Report Center on your Agile Platform.

This way, we avoid having two setups for the two components (client & server) of the solution.

Best regards,
Afonso Metello

Is there any restrictions for this component? i like to use this in my company project (internal use). Or do i have to get a paid license ?

Hello Frits,

For the Community Edition the main restriction is the number of Reports / Charts you can have at each moment, currently up to 3,
completely for free!

If you would like to know more about Agile Reporting Services, contact me directly to afonso.metello@epopeia.com .

Best regards,
Afonso Metello
New pricing for 2011: Subscriptions starting from €799. If interested, contact me at afonso.metello@epopeia.com
I have tried over the last several weeks to get this product to test and the web site is never up.  Is this no longer available?
It has been confirmed, this is no longer available.  I'm looking into alternatives.
Curt Raddatz wrote:
It has been confirmed, this is no longer available.  I'm looking into alternatives.
 Has anyone found any alternatives?

I've always used SQL Server Reporting Services. You need to understand the Outsystems Database, but then it works great. 
Unfortunately this is not an option for those using the Personal Edition in the cloud.  I've been using web services to provide the data source for Crystal Reports.  Note that you must use Crystal Reports 2012 or newer.  Using the web services eliminates the database knowledge required by any SQL or Oracle solution and allows for some security.

Curt
The problem is the price. $495.00/user. This would only works if I have to provide the reports for all my users. But many of them like to be able to change some filters and "create" (not from scratch) their own reports. Is that available in Crystal Reports? Where a report is created with ability of changing filters within it?

Thanks!
You can create a report with parameters that would allow users change criteria at run time using the parameters as filters to get different information.

You should be able to do what you want with just one license.

(I have no financial interest or other knowledge about Crystal Reportsother than my usage of it.)

Curt
Thanks Curt. 

Hehe... It didn't even cross my mind you could have an interest in persuading others to use Crystal but the honest desire to help. And I appreciate it.