[OutSystems.AI Chatbot Reactive] Sending hyperlinks in reactive chatbot replies

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 12 May (13 days ago) by Félix Barros
1 vote
Published on 12 May (13 days ago) by Félix Barros

Hello, I'm trying to send hyperlinks as replies from the reactive chatbot, but I'm having trouble with this. It seems the bot always replies in text. I've tried using the CardAction suggestion buttons to open the url when clicked, but it doesn't open any browser. Same for images, they do not display in the suggested actions.

However when testing it via the Microsoft Azure Test in web chat, it does work. Both the action and images do what they are suppose to do. It's just when testing via outsystems that these don't work.

Any suggestions?

Solution

Miguel Couto wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to send hyperlinks as replies from the reactive chatbot, but I'm having trouble with this. It seems the bot always replies in text. I've tried using the CardAction suggestion buttons to open the url when clicked, but it doesn't open any browser. Same for images, they do not display in the suggested actions.

However when testing it via the Microsoft Azure Test in web chat, it does work. Both the action and images do what they are suppose to do. It's just when testing via outsystems that these don't work.

Any suggestions?

Hi Miguel,

Currently to open external links in the OutSystems.AI Chatbot the only way is to send in the "Attachments" structure the URL you want and the name of it in this case google. The URL must be sent in the "ContentUrl" attribute and Google in the "Name" attribute. Please check the images bellow.

The current version of the chatbot component doesn't support the rendering of images, but the team has planned in the coming month to deliver support to Thumbnail Cards which will allow the usage of images and links to external sources. ;)

Best regards,

Félix Barros

Solution