Is it possible store the input parameters values in to database entity?

Hi,

Is it possible to store the input parameter values in to the database entity?

Hi Sweta,

Yes that is possible, create an entity with matching parameters and data types.

However if you have a list or record list as input then you will either have to serialise it to for example JSON string and store it in a text attribute or you have to create two entities with an 2 to many relationship and create for each record in the list a record in the many entity.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thankyou!

We are developing an application where there are different fields like(date and tasks for the day) if i give a date depending on date variable  if i want to look back to the tasks of the previous days date. is this possible to achieve this with input parameters?

Yes, just try. If you then still cannot get into work share your code for us to help again.

Hi Daniel,

I am sharing my .oml file. Entity(Date, Task1, Task2) My requirement is i needed to save and show the data related to Tasks in the same screen according to date(when i give the date of saved entity it should pick up the values of particular date and it should show in the same screen Iam using input parmeters for it )) but the problem is when i give the date value its not getting the values from the entity. Values are not being fetched and reflected on to the screen  And i have set logic in the client action. I am working on screen 3.

Can you check whether logic is correct? and please help with the actions that will work for this requirement?

Hi,

There are two similar entities Date and EDiary, which one and which screen are you talking about?

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

There are two similar entities Date and EDiary, which one and which screen are you talking about?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi ,

EDiary Entity and Screen3.(Date and Three goal fields)

Hi Swetha,

I am sorry to say, but I see so many things wrong in your screen and code, that I do not know how to quickly help you. I would need more time than I have right now to do a proper review of your code and explain the things that are wrong.

What I do feel is that you didn't follow enough training to understand the basic concepts of creating applications in OutSystems. I would advise you to follow some training on the https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/ site.

In the meantime I hope someone else can help you. If I find some time this week and nobody could help I see if I can adjust the code and get it working.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Swetha,

I am sorry to say, but I see so many things wrong in your screen and code, that I do not know how to quickly help you. I would need more time than I have right now to do a proper review of your code and explain the things that are wrong.

What I do feel is that you didn't follow enough training to understand the basic concepts of creating applications in OutSystems. I would advise you to follow some training on the https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/ site.

In the meantime I hope someone else can help you. If I find some time this week and nobody could help I see if I can adjust the code and get it working.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thankyou!

I will work on it.