create links to comma separated values

Hi,


I want to display the comma separated values and also to link the dynamic list so that on click of each value it will navigate to specific screen. 

How separate links to dynamic values can be achieved? I have done it in pop-up in table record list but not for the dynamic list expression having comma separated values 123, 456, 768.


Thanks,

Ramya S

Hi,

Are you building a traditional, reactive or mobile app?

Regards,

Daniel


Ramya Somashekaraiah wrote:

Hi,


I want to display the comma separated values and also to link the dynamic list so that on click of each value it will navigate to specific screen. 

How separate links to dynamic values can be achieved? I have done it in pop-up in table record list but not for the dynamic list expression having comma separated values 123, 456, 768.


Thanks,

Ramya S

Hi Ramya,

There is no direct way to link each value in comma separated string to separate destination.

Only way to do this is by spliting your comma separated string and converting it to a text list. After that is done you can use the result list to display on screen and create separate link as per your logic. 

Solution

Hi,

For the traditional web, this is easily done with a ListRecords widget.

Each record will have the attribute with the link. and a text widget with a comma (,).

Set the ListRecords property LineSeperator to None.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

For the traditional web, this is easily done with a ListRecords widget.

Each record will have the attribute with the link. and a text widget with a comma (,).

Set the ListRecords property LineSeperator to None.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you, Daniel.

I am able to link the record with the link. On click of link I have to navigate to the different screen and have to pass the link value.

How this can be achieved? I think to get the value we have to use link id? 


Have attached the screen. The linked values 2540840 and 2540846 on click will navigate to the different screen but on click of first value 2540840 I have to pass 2540840 and on click of second link have to pass 2540846 to navigate to the screen.


Thanks and Regards,

Ramya S


Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Ramya Somashekaraiah wrote:

Hi,


I want to display the comma separated values and also to link the dynamic list so that on click of each value it will navigate to specific screen. 

How separate links to dynamic values can be achieved? I have done it in pop-up in table record list but not for the dynamic list expression having comma separated values 123, 456, 768.


Thanks,

Ramya S

Hi Ramya,

There is no direct way to link each value in comma separated string to separate destination.

Only way to do this is by spliting your comma separated string and converting it to a text list. After that is done you can use the result list to display on screen and create separate link as per your logic. 


Hi Nikhil,


Earlier I had displayed a comma separated list but not sure how to provide a link. Seems like the record list may work and yet I am not sure how to pass the linked value to the navigation.


Thanks for looking into it.


Regards,

Ramya S

Hi Ramya,

You need to add an input parameter to the screen that you link to and set the Is Mandatory property to True.

Then you will need to set the input parameter on any place when you have the screen set as the destination.

I have another question, did you follow any OutSystems training, because passing values to a screen are really basic principles in OutSystems. If not yet, I would advise you to follow any of the Guided paths, depending on if you are trying to build a Traditional, Reactive or Mobile application.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Ramya,

You need to add an input parameter to the screen that you link to and set the Is Mandatory property to True.

Then you will need to set the input parameter on any place when you have the screen set as the destination.

I have another question, did you follow any OutSystems training, because passing values to a screen are really basic principles in OutSystems. If not yet, I would advise you to follow any of the Guided paths, depending on if you are trying to build a Traditional, Reactive or Mobile application.

Regards,

Daniel


Daniel, I am already passing input parameter. Sorry I just got confused with javascript where we pass the value of control ID. It works. 


Thanks again.