[Ciphered Local Storage Plugin] Ciphered local storage database implementation and logic

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 13 Mar by OutSystems R&D
3 votes
Published on 13 Mar by OutSystems R&D

Hi All,

I want to implement ciphered local storage database in mobile application. So How the logic will implement and after installing that Ciphered local storage plugin. I need small dummy example /demo.

Thanks in Advance

Yasmin

Hello Yasmin,

The implementation of Ciphered Local Storage Plugin is quite simple.

You just need to add a dependency to all elements of the plugin in a module of your application. After that, your application automatically will start to use a newly created database which replicates the structure of your previous local database but which is now ciphered (you can check this information in the details of the plugin).

Just to clarify, you don't need to implement anything or change anything in your logic. You just need to add the dependency for the plugin.

Once the dependency is placed in your application, you just need to make this change effective (as you should do for any other plugin):

• Publish your code and rebuild your app;
  • Uninstall the previous version and install the new version.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Yasmin,

You just need to add a dependency to all elements of the plugin in a module of your application. After that, your application automatically will start to use a newly created database which replicates the structure of your previous local database but which is now ciphered (you can check this information in the details of the plugin).

Just to clarify, you don't need to implement anything or change anything in your logic. You just need to add the dependency for the plugin.

Once the dependency is placed in your application, you just need to make this change effective (as you should do for any other plugin):

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

I have added the dependency of ciphered local storage plugin in application module.

I have also checked on test browser whether data is encrypted or not by doing inspect from source (sqllite sequence local DB). it's showing some encrypted keys. but actual local data is looking same as it is. so I assumed that it's encrypted.

but if i want to check local data which is now encrypted key and want to check for decrypted. then how i will check in  local data is deciphered or not.

Thanks,

Yasmin

Hello again Yasmin,

Can you elaborate your previous question? Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Yasmeen Shaikh wrote:

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Yasmin,

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

I have added the dependency of ciphered local storage plugin in application module.

I have also checked on test browser whether data is encrypted or not by doing inspect from source (sqllite sequence local DB). it's showing some encrypted keys. but actual local data is looking same as it is. so I assumed that it's encrypted.

but if i want to check local data which is now encrypted key and want to check for decrypted. then how i will check in  local data is deciphered or not.

Thanks,

Yasmin

Could you please share your oml

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello again Yasmin,

Can you elaborate your previous question? Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

I have added the ciphered local storage plugin into application.But I am unable to understand whether the data is encrypted or not. how do I know the data is encrypted and worked. Is there is any way to see the local data in its encrypted form?

Thanks

yasmin

Salman Ansari wrote:

Yasmeen Shaikh wrote:

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Yasmin,

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

Thanks,

Yasmin

Hi Salman,

I have created a simple form just to create and update the data.and also added the ciphered local storage plugin into it. but don't know how to create and update the existing function into ciphered local storage plugin. 

Can you please help me on the ciphered and deciphered create and update functionality.

Thanks

Y.S

Yasmeen Shaikh wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Yasmeen Shaikh wrote:

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Yasmin,

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

Thanks,

Yasmin

Hi Salman,

I have created a simple form just to create and update the data.and also added the ciphered local storage plugin into it. but don't know how to create and update the existing function into ciphered local storage plugin. 

Can you please help me on the ciphered and deciphered create and update functionality.

Thanks

Y.S

you want updating local entity right using ciphered??

Hello guys, 

Cipher Plugin works in a way that will encrypt the database and not each row inserted in the database. 

The mobile applications use a native database to store the data of your LocalStorage, and the Cipher plugin will encrypt the database. It's because of that that you can found in the plugin documentation that if add the Cipher plugin and after that, you remove it from the app, you will need to uninstall the application first. Because the database is encrypted and without Cipher plugin is not possible to open it. 

Thanks.