How to assign a different data value than Decimal to DataPoint?

I am working on Assignment 12 of Bookings Assignment. I have a Data Point that is of the Decimal type. It's value when multiplied by 10 (Datapoint.Value * 10) never changes. I have made many different attempts to change its value but there seems no way. In my case it constantly returns a Decimal that I need to convert to a percentage.

How can I assign a value to this variable of type DataPoint (Decimal)? It just assigns whatever it wants. My Assign in the picture below doesn't actually do anything. The value is there even before. How can I get this value multiplied by 10 or 10.0?

This is how it shows up on the screen. I set the YAxisFormat from 0 to 1 of course. But it should be 0 to 100.

I have also attached an .oml file to see if there is some other mistake affecting the value being assigned to the Data Point.

Solution

Hi Raphael,

You should use the Datapoint_Init action from the Charts module to initialize a Datapoint Record and use the Output Datapoint Record in your ListAppend.

Also check your calculation expression of the Value attribute.

This should work:

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Very cool Nordin Ahdi . The DataPoinInit action isn't explored in the training Exercises of the Movies Database site. I have used it now in my project and it's very helpful for assigning the desired values to the DataPoint I am creating for Booking Rates.

Problem solved. Thank you!

Hi Raphael,

Hmm that's strange. I really thought it was part of the training exercises. Anyway, now you know how to use it ;-).

Glad I could help :).

Regards,

Nordin