Low-code development standard

A question that comes to mind: Is there a cooperation to develop a common standard between Outsystems and other companies that develop low-code platforms? There are many companies that used to be promising but have disappeared. I am currently in the situation to decide whether we will rely on Outsystems or not. I have to evaluate Outsystems and make a decision. And what can be the risks?

What I can tell you, is that low-code is quite advantageous, because you can get web and mobile applications, much faster than in other technologies ... I can tell you that we have countless international players working with OutSystems. Nowadays, all over the world, you have more and more companies converted and surrendered to the advantages of OutSystems. And anyone who has tried to work with OutSystems, has not stopped doing so, for example at a time when we are in a strong growth of digital transformation, with OutSystems, you can quickly go to the market with good solutions.

Hi Mansur,

As Nuno already explain you benefit of low code plateform.... I will also suggest you to continue with Outsystems.

If you need any technical help in Outsystems, then you will find all outsystems experts here who can help you anytime.

Regards,

Rajat

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

And anyone who has tried to work with OutSystems, has not stopped doing so,

This is not true. I know at least 2 companies that have stopped using OutSystems and successfully used the exit procedures available (also a very important feature of OutSystems). OutSystems is great value when actively developing application. But when your are not then it becomes a huge run-and-maintain cost because the license fee is very high.

So if you are foreseeing application development going on for years to come then OutSystems is really a good platform. But if you want to develop one or two application in the next year and will end development after that then I can't really recommend it. But I'm sure that when the company see's the value and benefit of true rapid development it will not only develop one or two applications but a whole bunch more ;)

Many thanks for your participation! Could these points be considered risks in general?

• A low-code standard is not available and currently there are no efforts to develop a low-code standard between the companies
  • Individual companies behind the low-code platforms
  • No strong community or movement behind the low-code development
  • High costs through training of developers and use of the low-code platform

Mansur Hismatov wrote:

Many thanks for your participation! Could these points be considered risks in general?

• A low-code standard is not available and currently there are no efforts to develop a low-code standard between the companies
  • Individual companies behind the low-code platforms
  • No strong community or movement behind the low-code development
  • High costs through training of developers and use of the low-code platform

• What is a "standard" for you? Are we talking about from a technical point of view of a procedural one?
  • This is probably related with bullet one?
  • I think that the "no strong community" is invalid as can been seen right here. Just look at the response rate of the forum thread and the amount of forge components and the pace of updates and new releases of these. OutSystems has a very strong community. But it is a niche one for sure.
  • High costs of training? I think training a new developer for OutSystems is quicker and way cheaper then training one for C# and a accompanying javascript framework (think React, Vue or Angular). 

I have formulated the points more sharply and would be happy if I could be convinced of the opposite. With the community I don't mean the forum of OutSystems or the number of answers, but more about the general interest to support and promote something like this from a large number of people. No matter what became established, it was subject to some kind of standards. Everything was described down to the smallest detail and standards were written. Every company that tries to do its own thing will sooner or later fall on its face. And as it looks, there are many notable skeptics like Bob Reselman:
https://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/opinion/Why-the-promise-of-low-code-software-platforms-is-deceiving