[IdPReact] How to use idp

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 9 Apr by Telmo Martins
2 votes
Published on 9 Apr by Telmo Martins

Hi,

I am a newbie in using idp & idpReact forge for reactive web application. Please kindly provide the instruction how to configure and use it in reactive web application. 

Thank in advance.

Hi Jessica,

Check out this configuration manual. Although it was written for IdP traditional, but it will help you with the configuration on react as well.

Regards,

Swatantra

Sorry, i am still unclear. Do I need configure both IdpConnect and IdpReact to use SAML in Reactive app? In IdpReact, I cannot find any configuration to do. May I have step-by-step instruction to use SAML in reactive app?

Thank a lot. 

Jessica

Jessica Lee wrote:

Sorry, i am still unclear. Do I need configure both IdpConnect and IdpReact to use SAML in Reactive app? In IdpReact, I cannot find any configuration to do. May I have step-by-step instruction to use SAML in reactive app?

Thank a lot. 

Jessica

Yes, you have to configure IdpConnect first. Make sure it is working.

After that, you can sue IdpReact in Reactive Web app and ensure you tick the checkbox in the IdpConnect configuration page, as shown below

Solution

Hi Jessica,

As mentioned you need to have it working properly with traditional web Idp component.  Having that in IdP React forge page, when you download the component you have also the option to download the demo application.  In the demo take a close look on the OnException global handler (as there is no Login screen) and the UserInfo block that contains links for Logout/Login.

Regards.

Solution
Thank Telmo.

My issue has been solved.

May i extend further action to check whether account name is present in the 'User' entity?

I don't know where to add the actions after 'Redirect to URL' to get the result from SAML response. Please advise.