Views
Comments
Solved
Placeholder in DropdownTags
Question

Hello friends,

Someone know how to add placeholder in DropdownTags?

I tryed add AdvancedFormat, but without success.

My case:

Tnks.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Agno,

Thank you for sharing the .oml file. As I guessed, the root cause for the issue occurrence was related to CSS definition:

Code Snippet

.choices[data-type*="select-multiple"] .search--wrapper {
    visibility: hidden !important; // this is making the placeholder value invisible
}

After freezing that specific CSS definition code, I got the required view :)

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Agno,

After specifying the prompt message in Search Prompt property field (as mentioned below), in my case it's working as expected

Check this: https://sbsam.outsystemscloud.com/ReactiveTestApp/DemoScreen

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Agno,

I guess something related to customized styling has messed up the default functionality of  the widget.

If possible, could you please share us the glimpse of widget tree hierarchy or any info regarding the implemented custom CSS styling??

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Agno,

On the basis of the shared widget tree info, I tried to implement the same but I'was unable to reproduce the reported issue. If possible could you please share a sample .oml with the encountered issue?

or you can share the applied customized css class definition (including the CSS parent class definition)

or you can inspect the actual implementation on the using the browser inspect feature as mentioned below search for placeholder attribute

Or you can play around with JS or jQuery to find the actual root cause.

Code Snippet

$('#DepartmentDropDown input').attr('placeholder', 'Add Placeholder Value'); // to set the attribute value

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

$('#DepartmentDropDown input').attr('placeholder'); // to get the attribute value

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Agno,

Thank you for sharing the .oml file. As I guessed, the root cause for the issue occurrence was related to CSS definition:

Code Snippet

.choices[data-type*="select-multiple"] .search--wrapper {
    visibility: hidden !important; // this is making the placeholder value invisible
}

After freezing that specific CSS definition code, I got the required view :)

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Right, tnks Benjith Sam

But, now i have a new problem, after comment :

the field stay messy: