Reactive Apps - Table OnSort

Hi - I have a GroupBy in an Aggregate of 4-columns. 

This then exposes only 4 columns with Alias-names in its' output List.

The table then only recognizes these alias-names and when a 'Sort' event is triggered; uses said names as the SortBy parameter. Which - for some reason - the same Aggregate doesn't recognize.

But - when I try to substitute the Column property of the Column-header with one it does recognize it rejects it as, clearly, it hasn't been exposed by the Aggregate's output List. 

So how can I solve this Catch-22 situation?

Thanks.

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

You can try to set the TableSort variable to to "GroupBy({Entity}.[Attribute])", not sure if it works. In any case that looks like an issue, could you submit it through Service Studio and state that you can't dynamically sort a grouped attribute in a reactive table widget?

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Created Support Case #2329414

It didn't work - what you suggested.

Olivier Levine wrote:

The table then only recognizes these alias-names and when a 'Sort' event is triggered; uses said names as the SortBy parameter. Which - for some reason - the same Aggregate doesn't recognize.

But - when I try to substitute the Column property of the Column-header with one it does recognize it rejects it as, clearly, it hasn't been exposed by the Aggregate's output List. 

Thanks.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Creating_and_editing_Tables/Table_pagination_and_sorting

Bruno Miguel das Neves Rendeiro wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

Thanks.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Creating_and_editing_Tables/Table_pagination_and_sorting

Yes - thank you - I'm well aware how it works. 

This is a special-case; please read my question carefully.

Hi Oliver,

You can try to set the TableSort variable to to "GroupBy({Entity}.[Attribute])", not sure if it works. In any case that looks like an issue, could you submit it through Service Studio and state that you can't dynamically sort a grouped attribute in a reactive table widget?

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Olivier Levine wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue of applying sorting. Can you please help me out with how you resolved this issue.

Thanks

Meetali Gupta wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue of applying sorting. Can you please help me out with how you resolved this issue.

Thanks

Hi,

any news on this?
I am struggling with the same issue...

Thx

Rob Poels wrote:

Meetali Gupta wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Hi ,

Thanks

Hi,

any news on this?
I am struggling with the same issue...

Thx

Hi Rob Poels,

For this, we also need to apply a filter on the id attribute of aggregate which is grouped by of the main table. So i applied Z->A sort on the id attribute(which was grouped by) of the main entity of my aggregate and it worked fine for me.

Thanks 

I had the same issue. The workaround I did and worked for me was to remove and add mannually the Sort By attribute in the aggregate.

Literaly remove the TableSort attribute and add it again.

This worked for me aswell.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.