Hi - I have a GroupBy in an Aggregate of 4-columns. 

This then exposes only 4 columns with Alias-names in its' output List.

The table then only recognizes these alias-names and when a 'Sort' event is triggered; uses said names as the SortBy parameter. Which - for some reason - the same Aggregate doesn't recognize.

But - when I try to substitute the Column property of the Column-header with one it does recognize it rejects it as, clearly, it hasn't been exposed by the Aggregate's output List. 

So how can I solve this Catch-22 situation?

Thanks.

Olivier Levine wrote:

The table then only recognizes these alias-names and when a 'Sort' event is triggered; uses said names as the SortBy parameter. Which - for some reason - the same Aggregate doesn't recognize.

But - when I try to substitute the Column property of the Column-header with one it does recognize it rejects it as, clearly, it hasn't been exposed by the Aggregate's output List. 

Thanks.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Creating_and_editing_Tables/Table_pagination_and_sorting

Bruno Miguel das Neves Rendeiro wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

Thanks.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Creating_and_editing_Tables/Table_pagination_and_sorting

Yes - thank you - I'm well aware how it works. 

This is a special-case; please read my question carefully.

Hi Oliver,

You can try to set the TableSort variable to to "GroupBy({Entity}.[Attribute])", not sure if it works. In any case that looks like an issue, could you submit it through Service Studio and state that you can't dynamically sort a grouped attribute in a reactive table widget?

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Solution

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

You can try to set the TableSort variable to to "GroupBy({Entity}.[Attribute])", not sure if it works. In any case that looks like an issue, could you submit it through Service Studio and state that you can't dynamically sort a grouped attribute in a reactive table widget?

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Created Support Case #2329414

It didn't work - what you suggested.

Solution

Olivier Levine wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue of applying sorting. Can you please help me out with how you resolved this issue.

Thanks

Meetali Gupta wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue of applying sorting. Can you please help me out with how you resolved this issue.

Thanks

Hi,

any news on this?
I am struggling with the same issue...

Thx

Rob Poels wrote:

Meetali Gupta wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

Hi ,

Thanks

Hi,

any news on this?
I am struggling with the same issue...

Thx

Hi Rob Poels,

For this, we also need to apply a filter on the id attribute of aggregate which is grouped by of the main table. So i applied Z->A sort on the id attribute(which was grouped by) of the main entity of my aggregate and it worked fine for me.

Thanks