import external css by import url not working on servicestudio

Hi there, 

the @import url(directory) not working on ServiceStudio 10 ?
Inside ServiceStudio does not render

What "directory" do you mean? A directory is not a URL. You can't specify local directories with url(), it ust be an actual URL.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

What "directory" do you mean? A directory is not a URL. You can't specify local directories with url(), it ust be an actual URL.

yes, you assumed that but that's not what i wanted to talk about, I know how to put URL there...
@import url(/module/ThemeDefault.css)

This is not render in ServiceStudio, some problem at 10 ?

You are using a location that is already part of the current application. Service Studio doesn't support that as far as I know and you will need to add that css content to the regular OutSystems css file (by using the css button in the menu bar). 

edit: Now that I think about it more I don't think this will ever work. OutSystems doesn't render a webpage, it presents a wysiwyg look of the page you develop based on the data already available. Retrieving external data isn't part of that so I don't think this will ever work, even on 11.

As far as I know, Service Studio is loading those resources locally, so it can't find them.

Why not simply base your theme on your basetheme?

J.  escreveu:

Por que não simplesmente basear seu tema no seu basetheme?

so I don't need to republish to get a new version of my css

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

As far as I know, Service Studio is loading those resources locally, so it can't find them.

if it were really local we wouldn't need to login in ServiceStudio.

Vincent Koning wrote:

You are using a location that is already part of the current application. Service Studio doesn't support that as far as I know and you will need to add that css content to the regular OutSystems css file (by using the css button in the menu bar). 

edit: Now that I think about it more I don't think this will ever work. OutSystems doesn't render a webpage, it presents a wysiwyg look of the page you develop based on the data already available. Retrieving external data isn't part of that so I don't think this will ever work, even on 11.

if we need internet to login and access our 'local' environment why can't it read a .css page?

Rodrigo Luan wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

if it were really local we wouldn't need to login in ServiceStudio.

Kilian meant resources on you local machine.

And why the remote CSS isn't loaded? I can't say for sure since I don't work for OutSystems but the preview pane isn't a full blown browser. Why would you expect it to function the same as a regular browser does. The same goes for JavaScript. This isn't run in the preview window as well. 

If you want to change this behavior then post an idea