Upgrade to OS 11.7.3 (B7036) - Service Center offline

Hello everyone,

I ran into an issue that I would like to share.
I was doing the upgrade to 11.7.3 (B7036), from 11.0.607.0 and while deploying the Full components solution (with 2 Staged deploy enabled) Service Center became offline.

This means that I can see the button to proceed but actually I cannot click (since Service Center is offline).

Anyone with the same issue?

Cheers.

Have you tried iisreset? Check all the services on the front-end server you're working? If you can, rollback the upgrade and, before trying again, disable 2 stage deploy.

Hi Helder,

Did you try to run the Configuration Tool and check to reinstall the Service Center?

Best regards,

Leandro.

Renato Nascimento wrote:

Have you tried iisreset? Check all the services on the front-end server you're working? If you can, rollback the upgrade and, before trying again, disable 2 stage deploy.

IIS reset didn't work, since the app stays offline.
Even if I would disable the 2-stage deploy, I think this is quite dangerous for a platform installation.

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Helder,

Did you try to run the Configuration Tool and check to reinstall the Service Center?

Best regards,

Leandro.

To proceed, I've re-installed Service Center. It became available again.
Then I could go to the pending solution and finally click the button :)

After that the solution could finish without any issue.

What I found in the General Log was the message: 

Preparing to deploy pending espaces: (ServiceCenter) in ...

For several hours after the deploy of Service Center. 

This is single-server environment, so that's even more weird.

Are all services running?

Leandro Correa wrote:

Are all services running?

Yep, they were (even when Service Center was offline).

Is there some process with errors or suspensed?

Leandro Correa wrote:

Is there some process with errors or suspensed?

Not really. But how could that put service center in offline mode?

By any chance can you access Deployment Controller Service?

One more thing, did you just upgrade the platform or also the underlying machine/network? Can you check if the MAC address is still same.

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

By any chance can you access Deployment Controller Service?

Yep, it was running just fine. In fact, all services were okay!

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

One more thing, did you just upgrade the platform or also the underlying machine/network? Can you check if the MAC address is still same.

It was just an upgrade of the platform, and minor release. The server was running OS11 already.

Did you opened a support case?

Leandro Correa wrote:

Did you opened a support case?

I did. Waiting for a reply.

I thought sharing the problem here may be helpful for anyone planning an upgrade on-premises soon.

Hi,

I had the same problem and I think was because of the solution I made with the new button "Add all modules...". When I create a solution adding all modules manual it works great but when creating a solution with "Add all...." it stop at middle of deploy and service center crash, the only way to fix it's to reinstall SC.

Waiting for a reply too in a support case.

Hugo Martins wrote:

Hi,

I had the same problem and I think was because of the solution I made with the new button "Add all modules...". When I create a solution adding all modules manual it works great but when creating a solution with "Add all...." it stop at middle of deploy and service center crash, the only way to fix it's to reinstall SC.

Waiting for a reply too in a support case.

Hi Hugo,

exactly!! I also think the issue is related with the new button on the solutions page. Perhaps it adds Service Center on the background? I’ve checked and it is not listed though...

let’s see what support replies!

Hi,

I have a similar case... But in my case the error is  this:

I also add all modules thru the button on the solution page. 

After this only reinstalling the SC works.