Editing database in native app

Hi,

This is the database of my currency data. However i want to be able to edit the ExchangeRate column for all the different currencies in a single form in native app. How do I do that? Because when i dragged this entity into a empty form, it only allows me to edit the exchange rate for a single currency. 

Hi, 

I would create a list to show this entity and put a link to update a form next to the list with the item data that the user selects.

Best regards!

Eduardo S Sales Rodrigues wrote:

Hi, 

I would create a list to show this entity and put a link to update a form next to the list with the item data that the user selects.

Best regards!

Hi Eduardo,

Sorry i don't really understand what you mean. I am trying to make my form look like this but i am facing some issue with my logic.

And for the variable of the input, i did something like this (to correspond which record in my currency entity to edit).

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

GetCurrencyById.List[3].Currency.ExchangeRate

In my logic, I am trying to update my currency entity (the attributes of this entity is shown in my post above), however for my source of the "updateCurrency" is 

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

GetCurrencyById.List.Current

Doesn't this mean that i am only updating the current record, instead of more than one of the records?

Could you be advice on whether whatever i am doing is correct or is there a better way? Thank you!

Solution

Hi here is a possible solution, I didn't have into consideration best practices? 

Hope I could help you

Solution

Here is the print on mobile

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hi here is a possible solution, I didn't have into consideration best practices? 

Hope I could help you

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your help! It works now!

Jolene Kwek wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Hope I could help you

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your help! It works now!

Welcome, good code!