How to add a Google Search Option into our Web apps ,,,

I tried to get API key , But i can't  . Please Help me to found it...

I have created search box and button  , My idea is to enter something on Search box  and then click the button , It will show the relevant content from web , Like Google search.

I hope you people help me...

Thanks in Advance.

Solution

Hi,

You don't need and API key to add google custom search on your site.

Just go to this link https://cse.google.com/cse/create/new. Create your custom search engine, it will give your code which you can add on your site to show your own google custom search box.

Solution

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi,

You don't need and API key to add google custom search on your site.

Just go to this link https://cse.google.com/cse/create/new. Create your custom search engine, it will give your code which you can add on your site to show your own google custom search box.

Thanks for your response,

I followed your steps , Google gives  me four lines JavaScript , where we can add this lines. 

Good to see that your problem is solved.

But I want to share that this is not the right place to ask questions related to Google products as this is OutSystems forum so you might not get answer to all such queries here.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Good to see that your problem is solved.

But I want to share that this is not the right place to ask questions related to Google products as this is OutSystems forum so you might not get answer to all such queries here.

sorry for that,,

If possible help me to clarify my doubts.

where i can add this js to our outsystems, Please give some ideas ,

If you are developing reactive web app then you can use RequireScript client action from system espace to add your script. 

In case of traditional web app you can either use expression, add your script in it as string and set its escape content property to no. Or you can also use AddJavaScriptTag action from HTTPRequestHandler extension.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

If you are developing reactive web app then you can use RequireScript client action from system espace to add your script. 

In case of traditional web app you can either use expression, add your script in it as string and set its escape content property to no. Or you can also use AddJavaScriptTag action from HTTPRequestHandler extension.

Thanks for reply ,

i am sorry , i dont know where we can use Require Script  option at Reactive web apps , because i am new to this concept , 

You can call it on ay client / screen action. If you want to add script on load of your screen then add it either at OnInitialize or OnRender event of the screen.