Views
Comments
Issue with accepting date format.
Question

Dear community!

I have a small issue I think could have an easy fix, just don't know how to get to it at this point.

So I want the below date to be accepted as a "Date" format, since I need to sort on date later on. It will only accept this screen when post as "Text" in the entity attribute. However, this does not allow for proper sorting on date (i.e. most recent etc.). 

Is there any way in which I can use the Date format and this format of date in which it will accept?

Please let me know if my query is not clear enough. It goes without saying that I used to OSMDb app as a sample to show my issue that is work related.

Could not find a similar fix to this issue on the community, if there is please let me know.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Kind regards

Boyan

Hi Boyan,

When date is formatted by calendar widget it becomes text data type.

Try to set new variable with text data type in input and then convert it to date variable considering its format.

Hi Boyan Algra ,

Did you try to do this, because your problem is about date format. Check your entity and the attribute data type of birthday. I send you some pics of how you can solve this.

The variable you are using is of type Date, I'm assuming you made the validation of the button to the server to be able to pass the client validation but when you get on the server the form is invalid and you cant save

I'm glad I helped to identify your problem :)