[OutSystems UI] Tab

Forge Component
(83)
Published on 21 May (11 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
83 votes
Published on 21 May (11 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hello everyone,

After the last update the Tab widget is having a problem. 

When the "Starting Tab" variable is different from the default value, the contents of the Tabs are not rendered.

Does anyone know how to fix this? thank you so much!

Sérgio Silva

Hi Sérgio Silva,

Can you let me how you are trying this.

Because i tried and its worked.

1. I have created a page with local variable tab and set value 2-

2. And assign to tab propert Starting Tab-

2. after page i go to last tab

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul Sahu,

Are you using the latest version? That was a breaking change added by the latest version 2.4.0.

The previous version added this "hack" that was removed now:

If you use the new layout-native it should work.

Cheers,

GM

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Sérgio Silva,

Can you let me how you are trying this.

Because i tried and its worked.

1. I have created a page with local variable tab and set value 2-

2. And assign to tab propert Starting Tab-

2. after page i go to last tab

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul Sahu,

I'm doing it carefully as you demonstrated, the only difference is that I'm using a Reactive Web App. The problem started when I upgraded to version 2.4.0

Regards
Sérgio Silva

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Rahul Sahu,

Are you using the latest version? That was a breaking change added by the latest version 2.4.0.

Cheers,

GM

Hi Gonçalo Martins,

Could you tell me if the update also affected the layout of Reactive Web Apps? Should I create a new Reactive Web App after the update?

Regards
Sérgio Silva.

Sérgio Silva wrote:

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Rahul Sahu,

Cheers,

GM

Hi Gonçalo Martins,

Could you tell me if the update also affected the layout of Reactive Web Apps? Should I create a new Reactive Web App after the update?

Regards
Sérgio Silva.

Hi Sérgio.

If you create a new app you will not have the issue since it will use the new layout.

About the React Web layout being affected I didn't try it but I think you'll have similar behaviour.

Cheers,

GM

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Sérgio Silva wrote:

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Rahul Sahu,

Cheers,

GM

Hi Gonçalo Martins,

Regards
Sérgio Silva.

Hi Sérgio.

If you create a new app you will not have the issue since it will use the new layout.

About the React Web layout being affected I didn't try it but I think you'll have similar behaviour.

Cheers,

GM

Hi Gonçalo Martins,

I created a new React Web application, but the problem persists. After the 2.4.0 update I noticed some changes in the behavior of some widgets. I will wait for a next update and check if corrections have been made.

Thank you.
Sérgio Silva.

Solution

Hi Sérgio Silva,

Thanks for feedback! There's indeed an issue with the StartingTab on Reactive Web. It will be fixed on the next OutSystems UI release (early next week).

What other changes on the behavior of some widgets are you referring to? Can you give a little more detail about them? Thanks!

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Solution

Bernardo Cardoso wrote:

Hi Sérgio Silva,

Thanks for feedback! There's indeed an issue with the StartingTab on Reactive Web. It will be fixed on the next OutSystems UI release (early next week).

What other changes on the behavior of some widgets are you referring to? Can you give a little more detail about them? Thanks!

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Hi Bernardo Cardoso,

Of course, let me describe some observations.

1)

After the 2.4.0 update the master detail widget started to dynamically calculate the size of the left content, but the content on the right is not resized to take up the available space. Therefore, when the left content is less than the Left Percentage input parameter, the right content shows a blank space on the right of the screen. 

For my specific project, defining a fixed size is more appropriate. Perhaps a choice option would be a solution.

2)

I'm trying to use the "On Scroll Ending" list event.

On the desktop browser, it's working fine. But in the mobile browser, the event does not fire when the list ends.

3)

The "Input With Icon" widget has an error in positioning the icon.

Best regards.

Sérgio Silva

Hi guys!

I was going to create another discussion, but since we are already talking about many components, let me add here another issue.

4)

The "SectionIndex" widget is not destroying all the elements when navigation between screens.
Example: You have 3 screens all with the SectionIndex. When you enter on the 1st everything is okay. If you go to the 2nd, your SectionIndex will have all the items from the 2nd and from the 1st, if you go to the 3rd screen your SectionIndex will have all the items from the 3rd and from the 2nd.

I already see this happening in older versions, and I thought you might be aware, but since it's not getting fixed, just trying to give this feedback.

Cheers!

Hi Sérgio Silva,

Thank you for the detailed info. I will send you a message to get some more details on some of them.

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks, we were not aware of that! We already have a fix on our side, should be released early next week.

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso

Hi Bernardo !

Woah! That was fast! 

Already tested and works like a charm! :D

Thanks!

Hi Alexandre Santos, awesome! 

Keep the feedback coming!

Best regards,

Bernardo Cardoso