Force a Block to go on top (vertically) of another Block

Hi All,

How do you force a Block to (vertically) appear on top of another Block?

Thanks.

Hi Olivier,


You can reference the WebPatterns > VerticalAlign Widget for your use case as mentioned below.



If this widget doesn't fulfill your requirement, could you please elaborate the use case with sample wire-frames?

Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Olivier,


You can reference the WebPatterns > VerticalAlign Widget for your use case as mentioned below.



If this widget doesn't fulfill your requirement, could you please elaborate the use case with sample wire-frames?

Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith - for some reason -when I try to add WebPatterns as a dependency; it won't let me. The UI Flow folder doesn't get updated with WebPatterns namespace. Why could this be?


Hi Olivier,

Please follow the below steps:

1) Add the WebPatterns Module dependencies in your application module by using Manage Dependencies as shown below.

2) You will observe the WebPatterns Module included under the UI tab


3) Expand the WebPatterns Module > Utilities UI Flow, within that you will find the VerticalAlign UI Widget


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Olivier,

Please follow the below steps:

1) Add the WebPatterns Module dependencies in your application module by using Manage Dependencies as shown below.

2) You will observe the WebPatterns Module included under the UI tab


3) Expand the WebPatterns Module > Utilities UI Flow, within that you will find the VerticalAlign UI Widget


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

When I do your Step 1 I see this:

As you can see, when I click 'WebPatterns' the 'UI Flow' remains unselected - if I manually select it, then it STILL does not appear in my 'UI Flow' folder.

Why is this so?

Olivier Levine wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Olivier,

Please follow the below steps:

1) Add the WebPatterns Module dependencies in your application module by using Manage Dependencies as shown below.

2) You will observe the WebPatterns Module included under the UI tab


3) Expand the WebPatterns Module > Utilities UI Flow, within that you will find the VerticalAlign UI Widget


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

When I do your Step 1 I see this:

As you can see, when I click 'WebPatterns' the 'UI Flow' remains unselected - if I manually select it, then it STILL does not appear in my 'UI Flow' folder.

Why is this so?


Hi

Which version of OS you are using?

Olivier Levine wrote:

As you can see, when I click 'WebPatterns' the 'UI Flow' remains unselected - if I manually select it, then it STILL does not appear in my 'UI Flow' folder.

Why is this so?

It is because in your case the selected application type is Reactive Web Application and I'was using Traditional web application, and while using the Reactive application, I too observed that the web pattern >  Utility UI Flow > vertical align widget is not getting referenced in the application module. 

Could you please describe the requirement you mentioned, with some supportive screen short for better understanding.


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Salman Ansari wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Olivier,

Please follow the below steps:

1) Add the WebPatterns Module dependencies in your application module by using Manage Dependencies as shown below.

2) You will observe the WebPatterns Module included under the UI tab


3) Expand the WebPatterns Module > Utilities UI Flow, within that you will find the VerticalAlign UI Widget


Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

When I do your Step 1 I see this:

As you can see, when I click 'WebPatterns' the 'UI Flow' remains unselected - if I manually select it, then it STILL does not appear in my 'UI Flow' folder.

Why is this so?


Hi

Which version of OS you are using?

I'm using version 11.7.1 (Build 15066).


Benjith Sam wrote:

Olivier Levine wrote:

As you can see, when I click 'WebPatterns' the 'UI Flow' remains unselected - if I manually select it, then it STILL does not appear in my 'UI Flow' folder.

Why is this so?

It is because in your case the selected application type is Reactive Web Application and I'was using Traditional web application, and while using the Reactive application, I too observed that the web pattern >  Utility UI Flow > vertical align widget is not getting referenced in the application module. 

Could you please describe the requirement you mentioned, with some supportive screen short for better understanding.


Regards,

Benjith Sam

The only requirement I wish to satsify is the following - I don't care how it's implemeneted:


    -To place one Block VERTICALLY above another Block regardless of the width of the parent widget/block (forced).


Thanks.