Input_Autocomplete when input is disabled

Input_Autocomplete when input is disabled

Hi, all.

I have this situation I'm not sure how to solve: when you add an Input_Autocomplete widget to an input and then you disable the input, the widget still opens a list and allows you to choose a value when you double click.

Although you might check whether the result is valid, this doesn't seem as an appropriate behaviour: if the input is disabled so should the associated widget.

As an workaround I used an "if" to hide this input and show an expression when I don't want the user to be able to change that value. But then, I also need an extra "if" whenever I use the "Input_Autocomplete_GetIdentifier" action, or I'll get an error ("The selected Input widget does not have an associated Input_Autocomplete web block").

Any ideas?
Hi Henrique,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I will forward your issue to out technical support team.
In the meanwhile, I think you already found a workaround for the problem - whenever the input is diabled, just "eliminate" all references to the autocomple by enclosing them in IF widgets (the web block, actions, etc.) - you do not have to replace the input by an expression, you just have to guarantee that all references to the autocomplete widget are not executed when the input is disabled.

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço