Input File Name Widgets

Input File Name Widgets

Hello all,

I'm trying to use an Input File Name Widget to input's a XML File.

Then I want to validate that file with the XMLDocument_Load("test.xml.text","structure.xsd").

The problem is when i'm trying to move the InputfileName content to the XMLDocument_Load, there are with different data types: InputFileName(binary)
XMLDocumentLoad(text)

Anyone as an idea to import an document and get her content as a text?

Thank's in advance
Hi Nuno,

You can use the BinaryDataToText action available in the BinaryData extension.
The BinaryData extension is available in the Enterprise Manager component.

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSytems

Hi Daniel,

I already resolve the issue with that action.

Now I'm with other issue. ;)

When I due the XMLDocument_Load I wan't to the display there without store it in the Entity.

The best way is create a similar structure and use the Show Record to display it after store it?

Hi Nuno,

I'm sorry but I could not clearly understand what you want to do.

You want to display a part of the XML info on a Web Screen and you do not want to store it in an Entity?

What is your requirement exactly? How are you trying to implement it (eg. which actions are you using)? What is the problem that you are facing?

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems

Hi Daniel,

I wan't to store the in formation in an Entity but first I need to show the Information to the user...then he needs to confirm that info(througth a button) to store the xml data in an Entity.

I wan't to read all nodes from the XML File (XMLElement_GetAttributeValue) and store them in a Structure....

Then I show to the user in the ShowRecord(Strutute)

After the user click button i store it in the Entity...

I don't now if this is the best soluttion... or if this is possible!!!

Hi Nuno,

If your XML data maps to an Entity, I think your solution is good:
  1. Read your XML file an put the information in an Entity Record variable;
  2. Show your Entity Record variable in the Web Screen with a ShowRecord (or EditRecord - if you want the user to Edit).
  3. In the web screen, make a button available that lets the user Save the entity in the database - this button goes to a web screen action that saves the entity in the database.

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems