Extension and Console application

Hi, all

Read the Excel data, use the console application, apply the spire.xls to read the Excel, the server can execute normally, but transfer it to the extension, execution on the server will throw an error

Solution

Hi Con liu,

Where is your "Spire.XLS" file to when you are using your extension?

Also, what's the goal of the extension? If it's to read Excel files, that's supported out-of-the-box by the platform, and there are components on the forge that  provide extra functionality as well.

Solution

thanks Jorge Martins

This spire.xls is placed in the specified directory under disk C, and the Extension is referenced in and published to the server, The reason why this reference is used is that the excel file read requires password decryption and there are several different columns of table data in this sheet

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Con liu,

Where is your "Spire.XLS" file to when you are using your extension?

Also, what's the goal of the extension? If it's to read Excel files, that's supported out-of-the-box by the platform, and there are components on the forge that  provide extra functionality as well.

Reading multiple columns of an Excel sheet is perfectly within the capabilities of the platform's built-in functionality.

Decryption of data is also supported via CryptoAPI for instance, and Advanced Excel provides a lot more Excel file manipulation functionality if needed.

If you still need to go forward with your extension, check your Integration Studio and make sure that you can see the Spire.XLS file in the Resources tab and that it is selected to be deployed:

I tried using Advanced Excel to solve this problem, but at first it threw an error because of encryption. The error is shown in the following figure:

I'm not sure how to open Integration Studio to see if spire.xls has an upload server, you can help me check it.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Reading multiple columns of an Excel sheet is perfectly within the capabilities of the platform's built-in functionality.

Decryption of data is also supported via CryptoAPI for instance, and Advanced Excel provides a lot more Excel file manipulation functionality if needed.

If you still need to go forward with your extension, check your Integration Studio and make sure that you can see the Spire.XLS file in the Resources tab and that it is selected to be deployed:

Con liu,

I tried using Advanced Excel to solve this problem, but at first it threw an error because of encryption. The error is shown in the following figure:

How are you obtaining the Excel file you are trying to pass to Workbook_Open? And what makes you say the error you are getting is because of encryption?

I'm not sure how to open Integration Studio to see if spire.xls has an upload server, you can help me check it.

If you, and I'm quoting, "use the console application, apply the spire.xls to read the Excel, the server can execute normally, but transfer it to the extension", you had to use Integration Studio to create your extension.

Integration Studio is a Windows application installed along with Service Studio when you installed the OutSystems development environment. An easy way of opening it is to click to open an Extension module from Service Studio's application screen (where it displays all the modules of a specific Application).