Can someone help with how to use Dropdown Tags on reactive web apps to establish a multi-search functionality. 

Thank you.

Can you give some more information. Can you give an example of the function you want to create? Can you give the current code you have and what is going wrong? 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/32689/select2-multiple-selection/

Try to read this post. Is this the thing you want to have?

Nshavo Twala wrote:

Can someone help with how to use Dropdown Tags on reactive web apps to establish a multi-search functionality. 

Thank you.

Hi Nshavo, can you give us an extra context of what are you trying to do? perhaps the oml?


Hi Twala,


Can you explain in details what exactly you want to do?

Hi Nshavo,


Wrote: Nshavo Twala

How to use Dropdown Tags on reactive web apps to establish a multi-search functionality. 

If I'm not wrong, you are looking for a solution similar to what I created -

Check this - DropdownTags Multiple Filter - Demo App Screen


Let me know, if the above implementation is what you seeking for, will definitely help you with the solution file.

Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Nshavo,


Wrote: Nshavo Twala

How to use Dropdown Tags on reactive web apps to establish a multi-search functionality. 

If I'm not wrong, you are looking for a solution similar to what I created -

Check this - DropdownTags Multiple Filter - Demo App Screen


Let me know, if the above implementation is what you seeking for, will definitely help you with the solution file.

Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith, 

Thank you for your reply. This is what i am looking to create. I am very new to Outsystems, could you please help me out as to how you build this.


Nshavo Twala wrote:

Can someone help with how to use Dropdown Tags on reactive web apps to establish a multi-search functionality. 

Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you very much for your replies. This is to give context as to what i am trying to build. So, i am trying to build a web app where you can search for people based on their skills. A user should be able to make a search by typing let's say "SQL" "java" and "Outsystems", the result to this search should be a person with these 3 skills. So, I need help with how I can do this on a reactive web app using the Dropdown Tags widget. I am very new to Outsystems so a step by step in-depth explanation would be very helpful. Thank you very much once more.

Kind Regards, 

Nshavo Twala


Nshavo Twala wrote:

Can someone help with how to use Dropdown Tags on reactive web apps to establish a multi-search functionality. 

Thank you.


Hi check the OutSystems style guide, here you will find all patterns you can install it and check the patterns there

to check: https://outsystemsui.outsystems.com/WebStyleGuidePreview/DropdownSelect.aspx

to install: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5120/outsystems-ui-web-style-guide-preview

Nshavo Twala wrote:

Hi Benjith, 

Thank you for your reply. This is what i am looking to create. I am very new to Outsystems, could you please help me out as to how you build this.

Hi Nshavo Twala,

PFA - include the .oml solution file


Followed Steps:

1) Introduce the Interaction\DropdownTags widget within the screen UI canvas

2) Defined an Aggregate with source Fruit, within the screen scope

3) Mapped the GetFruits Aggregate result-set/output with the DropdownTags widget ItemList property field

4) Define an OnChange Handler for the DropdownTags widget (re-frame the action flow as per your requirement)


Let me know, if you face any difficulty in understanding the shared .oml solution and regarding the implementation.

Hope this helps you!


Regards,

Benjith Sam